• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein 5r 1:11.25 308 Barrel Blank

Boltgun7443

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2018
Fishers, Indiana
Super noob question.

I have this blank that I've been waiting to use.

My Surgeon 591 SA in 6.5 CM has not been fired much...I don't reload and can't afford alot of ammo.

If I wanted to send my blank barrel out to be chambered in .308, do I need to send the receiver/action with it (for headspace/go/no-go) or can it be chambered and later installed if I never shoot the 6.5?

Surgeon needs to go with it. I'm not sure about the newest Surgeon actions though. Talk to the gunsmith that you will be using is the best advice I can give you. And use a known solid gunsmith that is known here on the hide or on accurateshooter.com. Don't use your cousin's brother in law.

Some of the old surgeons made in Oklahoma will take an Impact 737 Prefit. The new surgeon are different. I haven't seen enough new surgeons to know how consistent they are. I believe it would be best to provide the action for a rebarrel.