• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein Barrels new barrel material.

northshorelumber

You Miss All the Shots You Don’t Take
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2013
Red Lodge, MT
Bartlein has released a new barrel made out of 400MODBB material. Perhaps I’m just behind the times but this is new to me. Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of this material/barrel? They claim it has been proven to have extended barrel life. It comes at a higher price than there standard stainless steel barrel. I’m wondering if the increased life offsets the increased price?

*Yawn*

Bartlein has released a new barrel made out of 400MODBB material. Perhaps I’m just behind the times but this is new to me. Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of this material/barrel? They claim it has been proven to have extended barrel life. It comes at a higher price than there standard stainless steel barrel. I’m wondering if the increased life offsets the increased price?
Read that thread, my friend. Frank Greene does cite some extraordinary round counts from some high level competitors who would be very demanding on barrel condition and when to replace.

I ordered one in .264, 8-7.5 gain twist (ok, not really much “gain” but I’m just getting my feet wet w that), MTU. But prob won’t see it for at least another six months.

I did buy, today, a Bartlein HV blank in .264, regular SS, 7.5 from Bugholes as they just got a shipment of barrels in today, maybe. I had a notification in place and got the word, via email earlier today, that they were in. I mention this in case you were looking for something in stock. But, it’s not the 400MODBB steel.

Reactions: northshorelumber