• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein Carbon wrapped AR barrels

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    Has anyone heard if Bartlein is going to start making AR Carbon Fiber wrapped barrels?? I'd sure like to try one with their new 400MODBB Blanks.

I can't recall what thread I read it but I think that they are working towards that. If I am recalling correctly, Frank was running carbon barrel testing on machine guns first.

Reactions: bigjake83
    How do I get in line for a .308 carbon fiber 400MODBB?

You pray and wait..

Haha I'm jk... last time I talked to Frank, other than a few AR CF test barrels, they arent making them at the moment.

They have a long weight for barrels like everyone else, so not sure if that is why....could call and ask

Frank is making an AR carbon wrapped barrel in 6.5cm for me foe testing. Won't be here till sometime after they new year.

They did initial testing in house with 2 in 5.56 on full auto AR's that went great he said.

Stay tuned
    Any update on this? I'd be curious to hear how strings may have differed between full 400MODBB steel and 400MODBB steel with carbon fiber?

@Frank Green

Any update on this? I'd be curious to hear how strings may have differed between full 400MODBB steel and 400MODBB steel with carbon fiber?

@Frank Green
    No sorry but it's dead in the water right now. Just no extra time for some of this stuff. It is just flat out busy and I don't see it getting any better.

I'll have to fit it in somewhere and just push it along best I can.

We've made a few AR15 barrels and Brady has one on his service/match rifle. He hasn't seen any issues with accuracy.

I will say if you run dump three 30 round mags thru the gun on full auto....the carbon seems to get soft but no issues.

Reactions: Glassaholic