• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bart's Custom Bullets

Btmann45

FIRE FOR EFFECT
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2018
Kentucky
Hey guys! Need some help. I am shooting PRS and currently using berger 105 and 109 hybrids in my 6mm variant guns (6BRA, 6 Dashder) as you know berger bullets have been hard to come by so I have been thinking about trying something new. One of the pros I know said he is shooting Bart's bullets and likes them, specifically the hammer. Has anyone shot them and what were the results. They seem to be close to the same price as bergers but are they as good/better? My current barrel specs are .135 for and 7.5 twist if that helps at all. From what I have heard they are very popular in benchrest so why not prs? Any help advice would be great thanks..

Probably the only reason not to use them is cost. I have not used them personally but by all accounts they are more consistent than any factory bullets. I guess you could debate about whether the BC advantage of the Berger 109 or the A-tip 110 would cancel this out, but I think it would be hard to see that in a PRS setting.

They've set more then a few world records.

I doubt that swapping from Berger's to Barts will make an iota of difference in where you end up on the leaderboard of a PRS match.

Reactions: 47guy
I just got my order of 22cal ultras and 6mm hammers a couple weeks ago- I ordered in November (3 1/2 month lead time). When I paid for them, they mentioned that they were having trouble getting jackets, so plan ahead.

Hoping to get them out this weekend if the snow clears. I used some 66gn barts to fireform 6BRA - the first five rounds out of the barrel with a random FF charge were ,4 - hoping I can get even better with a proper load workup.

Reactions: kthomas
I just got my order of 22cal ultras and 6mm hammers a couple weeks ago- I ordered in November (3 1/2 month lead time). When I paid for them, they mentioned that they were having trouble getting jackets, so plan ahead.

Hoping to get them out this weekend if the snow clears. I used some 66gn barts to fireform 6BRA - the first five rounds out of the barrel with a random FF charge were ,4 - hoping I can get even better with a proper load workup.
You fireform with custom bullets?
E1728ABB-9012-454B-ADE7-FACF345F6BBB.jpeg

The Barts are made in Kentucky. I have some Of Bart’s 105 grain infinity bullets in Elizabethtown. Where Are you located?

Hey guys! Need some help. I am shooting PRS and currently using berger 105 and 109 hybrids in my 6mm variant guns (6BRA, 6 Dashder) as you know berger bullets have been hard to come by so I have been thinking about trying something new. One of the pros I know said he is shooting Bart's bullets and likes them, specifically the hammer. Has anyone shot them and what were the results. They seem to be close to the same price as bergers but are they as good/better? My current barrel specs are .135 for and 7.5 twist if that helps at all. From what I have heard they are very popular in benchrest so why not prs? Any help advice would be great thanks..
I'm thinking that the .135 FB would make you a great candidate for the Bart's Gungnir. It is a 15 ogive with a longer bearing surface.
I shoot them in IBS 600/1,000 yard BR and have done pretty well.
I haven't needed to order more for a bit but I think his lead time has increased substantially over the last few months. Jackets have become very difficult to get (especially the high quality jackets he uses).

I was on the phone yesterday with a guy that makes custom bullets, he told me the same thing that he may not be able to get jackets
after his existing stock is depleted.

Resurrecting this as I am in the same boat as th OP and since the hybrids are still unicorn dust, going to give Gungnirs a try in my .154 freebore alpha legacy reamer chambered Dasher….

Resurrecting this as I am in the same boat as th OP and since the hybrids are still unicorn dust, going to give Gungnirs a try in my .154 freebore alpha legacy reamer chambered Dasher….
Bart's Gungnir bullets are showing in stock at Bullet Central right now.
The Gungnir is a VLD bullet (not Hybrid) and will prefer being in the lands. I would test seating depth from touch to .008 jam.
They should also be tried with a slight bit less powder. Visit 31.8 to 32.1 Varget if that's your current powder choice.