• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Base and Rings for Savage 10FP

Tuna1961

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2009
Texas
First Post.

Looking to mount a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 using NF two piece base, and 1 inch NF rings on my new HS precision Savage 10FP 308.
Looking to work up to shooting 600m-1000m eventually.
Where is the best place to purchase scope, rings and mounts.
Are there better options than the NF rings and mount?

I have been luring here and other sights and am set on the Scope.

Thanks Tuna

Re: Base and Rings for Savage 10FP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: galveston22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going with an EGW base and burris rings from midwayusa for my 10fp

base
</div></div>

Yep..EGW base and Burris XTR rings

How much are you able to spend? If money isn't an object then i'd say Badger Ordnance or Seekins precision hands down!!!

If it is a concern then use one of the products listed above.

Thanks for the info. Money is not limiting factor. Just looking for quality. Can't see trying to save a few $$ when I am putting a NF on it. Plus I am building my wife a new kitchen so I can get away with a little extra right now. What would be a good height 1"? Also one piece or two for the mount Also looking to put on flip up covers. How does that effect the ring height for the 50mm objective?

John

If you are gonna go with badgers use the medium .885 rings.

wink.gif