• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

base for 40x

turtlesniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
aynor sc
what base is a bolt on for a cmp 40x b i tried to put a badger on it but it has alot of clearance up under the back. i think i read somewhere that the back area was cut a little diffrent on some older actions.

Re: base for 40x

Talk to Glen Seekins. He makes a "cutaway" base for Rem700 hunting rifles which works great on the 40X rimfire rifles. The cutaway allows more room for single loading.

phlydog i apreciate the info but what im looking for is a base that works without bedding since the rear bridge area is a little lower on the cmp40x-b

Mine wasn't and I set one up for a friend and Glen's base fit great on his as well. Have you tried more than one base?

is hyour the 40x or the 40x-b heavy barrel there is a little diffrenc between the two i think glens is a standard

Both were heavy barrel models and based on the Rem700 receiver, knurled bolt knob & dogleg bolt handle rather than the straight handle & round knob.

Here's the best pic I could find of my 40X with Glen's base on there.
IMG_7961.jpg

There should be no difference at all as far as the bridge area on either reciever. The 40x stardard barrel is based on the 721 action which became the 700 short action. The 40xb is a solid bottom copy of the 700 short action. I have several and have never had any problem with mounting a base. I've used several type an all work fine. By the way if that's the rifle that came from BG in NC it was mine and I know a 700 one piece will work as I had one on it. Donald

Don't flog me but the 721 is a long action. It's the 722 that was the short action that became the 700 short action and is the base action for the early 40x. I beg for forgiveness. Donald

ok don and it was. im waiting on a badger 20 for it but had a few bases around that i tried but the didn't fit right

buy the way are if you get a chance to come out this way bring a few rifles i have a thread in the members thread called sc nc range.

Ya BG told me you just had a shoot and you are looking to push yor range back aways. You are not far from Conway correct? Do you ever go down to the fish shop on the left before the bridge and get the soft shell crab sandwich. Damn good with a shot of hot sauce. Donald