• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Base for scope.

chriso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
California
I'm wanting to get a scope base for a rifle I have with a millet lrs-1. I have a 20 moa base on it and it's just a bit to much, I'm wanting the scope to be lower to the bore. I was told I can use a weaver mount but I have picatinny tps rings. Any input?

Re: Base for scope.

The rings are lowest rings they offer and I wont EVER need the 20 moa with as much adjustment the scope has on the particular gun.

Can we see a picture of your set up?

You really won't lose any worth while height going to a flat base. What brand base you have on there now? All are not created equal as far as height.

I can dig up a pick later but it's a NF 20 moa with a millet lrs-1. With the amount of adjustment in that scope I wont need the 20 moa. I'm actually considering just getting a smaller scope since this thing is gimongous.

The 20 MOA NF base is about as low as you will get with a base. You won't lose any height going to a flat base. Seekins makes 35mm rings that are .95" in height which is lower than most.