• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Baseball 2020

Kir

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2019
Sparks, NV
Yeah, I know that there are many who don't like baseball who consider it boring and particularly slow. Save your posts, we heard it all before.
This thread is for those who do appreciate baseball and the things that are going on and also not going on.
My history:
ANGELS fan since they (Cubs farm team) use to play at Wrigley Field (duplicate in L.A. where they filmed the original HR Derby contests) in the Pacific Coast League AAA back in the 50's. I am really olde!
DODGERS fan since they came to L.A. in '58 and saw them play in the "Chinese Pagoda", the L.A. Coliseum where they had high netting for the left field wall.
I root for BOTH teams. I hope someday they meet in the World Series!
Recently the owners hired a weak kneed commish. Of course that's all they ever wanted. However, this commish is as spineless as they come.
I take exception to the fact that he would not set aside the championship (trophy) for last season's WS where the houston astros cheated to win the trophy.
On a more positive note, the DODGERS appear to be more focused than ever. I hope they all have a great season and go all the way.
So, who are your teams?

I am hoping my Brewers can take your Dodgers this year. Sounds like Yelich signed a 9 year deal today for 200 mil, at least we have him for the near future. We dont even want to talk about Houston, bunch of BS.

Carl

• Haha
Reactions: MCSO1357
Rockies. Bridich is an idiot. Zero major league signings in the offseason, no pitching, we still have Ian Desmond. They are also talking about signing Puig...

It's going to be a long season.

Angel fan here. Am excited about the direction we are going but without pitching we are still a long way away. It’s unfortunate as we are wasting some of the best years of Trouts career.

Life long Baltimore Orioles fan here... But on a positive note, tickets should be cheap this season...

• Haha
Reactions: JMGlasgow
I can share one positive baseball story, and that’s it because I’m one of those that doesn’t like baseball. I’d rather watch fly’s fuck.

When I moved to Denver I moved in with two girls(one was a lesbian, I promise it’s not like the movies). One girl’s work had an “office night” at a Rockies game and invited me along. I got along with her work friends really well, they’re sarcastic assholes just like me. We made it through all of 17 pitches until we went to one of the bars in the stadium. We stayed there drinking and carrying for the entire game and watched the game on the TVs in the bar. I actually forgot we were at the stadium when our waitress gave us our tab

They are still talkin' 'bout it. Lots of $$$$ involved if they don't play the season. Virtual baseball would not work, I am thinking. NASCAR seemed interesting and the running of the Triple Crown winners where Secretariat won was as well. The NFL is talking about playing this winter, but that also remains to be seen.
Time will tell...

Hoping Cubs can sort their shit out, but there’s always next year (battle cry of Cubs fans for generations)

Reactions: edub1309
Growing up in Minneapolis and getting to see Willie Mays play there in the minors, I always followed him and the team SF.
I don't follow any baseball now but always pull for the Giants when talking, watching with others or just looking at scores

Reactions: KeithR41
Indians fan here. Born and raised in northeast Ohio. Was a kid in the late nineties and was fortunate to attend many games with my family during those golden years. Now, apart from a few decent runs, I’m starting to get pessimistic. When ownership let’s Frankie walk I think I’ll be done for a while. Until then, Go Tribe!

Hoping Cubs can sort their shit out, but there’s always next year (battle cry of Cubs fans for generations)
As a Tribe fan I’m still devastated. That being said, I visited Wrigley for the first time that year, and my dad is convinced that losing the series is a result of that. So you’re welcome 😂

Reactions: MCSO1357
As a Tribe fan I’m still devastated. That being said, I visited Wrigley for the first time that year, and my dad is convinced that losing the series is a result of that. So you’re welcome 😂

Love it

Reactions: edub1309
Serious Pujols and Trout fan. Wish they would get started.

I became a Trout fan when I was going to go to a Reno Aces (I live in Sparks) vs. Salt Lake City Bees (Angels affiliate) game and I looked up to see if there were any Angels prospects on the team. I saw where Trout was the big future prospect, so I went down to a local card shop and took a whole bunch of my cards that I had no interest in and the owner found one Trout card. I was one of the first half dozen fans in line waiting for the Aces ball park to open when I met a couple of people who were also wearing Angels gear. We talked awhile and I told them I was from L.A and used to go to the duplicate Wrigley Field in L.A. to watch the original L.A. Angels which was a (P.K.)Wrigley (chewing gum) Chicago Cubs farm club. They also filmed the original HR Derby there. After we entered I looked around to see if I could see Trout and found him running sprints from 1B to 2nd and the couple I met by the entrance were down there talking to him after each sprint. I went down there and found out that the couple were his parents, Debbie and Jeff. They were the nicest folks. Jeff told Mike to sign my card. So naturally, I am very disappointed that the season has been delayed and possibly may be postponed.
GO ANGELS!

I’m a huge baseball fan. It is easier for me to name the teams I don’t like. The Yankees. I don’t have a singular team I root for. I just love the game and have individual players I root for.

Manfred is guaranteeing one but owners ain’t coming off the money so who knows. I hope the players hold their ground

I see a player strike coming. The only winners will be the lawyers and union bosses.

The Covid scamdemic screwed baseball up for years to come.

I’m figuring Scott Boras will figure out a way to mediate and get things going. He’s pretty motivated to help negotiations and like him or hate him. There’s no one better

I quit giving a damn about pro sports a strike or two ago. My family still buys me Indians and Browns stuff even though I don't keep up with them. Started thinking pro baseball might be worth watching and Cleveland "retired" Chief Wahoo. Nevermind, more range time now.

I still watch local minor league and some college baseball. Love a good pitchers duel. If you can't get good pitchers let's have a slugfest.

:cool: :ROFLMAO: :love:If you don't like MLB, trying supporting and/or going to a little league game, especially the T-ballers who are just learning the game. They are fun to watch.

Indians fan here as well. Love going to the night games in the summer good times. I'm with you edub1309 frankie will just be another great player the indians have let go. Colon, Sabathia, thome, ramerize,....

Last edited:
Reactions: gunsnjeeps

It looks like there isn't going to be a season unless things drastically change.

Sounds like its about money . Pathetic ,like they all don't have enough. They should be playing.

The saddest thing to me is how many minor leaguers will never make it up to the show due to all the layoffs that happened in the minors

Min
The saddest thing to me is how many minor leaguers will never make it up to the show due to all the layoffs that happened in the minors
minors players get screwed. Top mlb guys can get paid over $30m a year and AA guys have to share apartments. Hell, base rookie salary is even like $400k or some shit. such a crazy disconnect

Tentative 60 game season, and I heard 20% seating capacity at the games.

I don't like the DH position in the NL, and I hope they don't stage a runner on 2nd in extra innings. But hopefully we can watch some baseball this year.

Yeah, I know that there are many who don't like baseball who consider it boring and particularly slow. Save your posts, we heard it all before.
This thread is for those who do appreciate baseball and the things that are going on and also not going on.
My history:
ANGELS fan since they (Cubs farm team) use to play at Wrigley Field (duplicate in L.A. where they filmed the original HR Derby contests) in the Pacific Coast League AAA back in the 50's. I am really olde!
DODGERS fan since they came to L.A. in '58 and saw them play in the "Chinese Pagoda", the L.A. Coliseum where they had high netting for the left field wall.
I root for BOTH teams. I hope someday they meet in the World Series!
Recently the owners hired a weak kneed commish. Of course that's all they ever wanted. However, this commish is as spineless as they come.
I take exception to the fact that he would not set aside the championship (trophy) for last season's WS where the houston astros cheated to win the trophy.
On a more positive note, the DODGERS appear to be more focused than ever. I hope they all have a great season and go all the way.
So, who are your teams?
They are still talkin' 'bout it. Lots of $$$$ involved if they don't play the season. Virtual baseball would not work, I am thinking. NASCAR seemed interesting and the running of the Triple Crown winners where Secretariat won was as well. The NFL is talking about playing this winter, but that also remains to be seen.
Time will tell...
I became a Trout fan when I was going to go to a Reno Aces (I live in Sparks) vs. Salt Lake City Bees (Angels affiliate) game and I looked up to see if there were any Angels prospects on the team. I saw where Trout was the big future prospect, so I went down to a local card shop and took a whole bunch of my cards that I had no interest in and the owner found one Trout card. I was one of the first half dozen fans in line waiting for the Aces ball park to open when I met a couple of people who were also wearing Angels gear. We talked awhile and I told them I was from L.A and used to go to the duplicate Wrigley Field in L.A. to watch the original L.A. Angels which was a (P.K.)Wrigley (chewing gum) Chicago Cubs farm club. They also filmed the original HR Derby there. After we entered I looked around to see if I could see Trout and found him running sprints from 1B to 2nd and the couple I met by the entrance were down there talking to him after each sprint. I went down there and found out that the couple were his parents, Debbie and Jeff. They were the nicest folks. Jeff told Mike to sign my card. So naturally, I am very disappointed that the season has been delayed and possibly may be postponed.
GO ANGELS!
Are we still reporting shill accounts? ‘Cause I’ve seen cabins with less chinking.

jakelly: WOW, never seen where one person quoted another from 3X posts before. Hope you are not stalkin' me! :cool:

What exactly would one think that my account was not authentic? Or anybody's for that matter? How is an account verified that is authentic?
Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Was really looking forward to the Reds this year. They made some waves last year and were exciting to watch.
They opened the purse strings this year to pick up some needed talent.

Came across a strange scene while working a pre spring training workout for the Dodgers. The pitchers warming up by playing football.

durka-1885.jpgdurka-1960.jpgdurka-2118.jpgdurka-6506.jpg

So MLB has decided to jump on the SJW bandwagon as well. You can chalk this up to one more sport I’ll never watch again. I don’t think anyone disagrees that what happened in the Floyd case was fucked up, but there’s better ways of protesting than disrespecting our flag. I just can’t get on board w/ anyone who kneels or burns the flag.

Reactions: PatMiles
So MLB has decided to jump on the SJW bandwagon as well. You can chalk this up to one more sport I’ll never watch again. I don’t think anyone disagrees that what happened in the Floyd case was fucked up, but there’s better ways of protesting than disrespecting our flag. I just can’t get on board w/ anyone who kneels or burns the flag.

You are surprised? Players in every sport will do this, except maybe hockey.

WTF??? Much to my chagrin, I watched the ANGELS-padres game yesterday eve and at the end of 9 innings, they were tied 1-1. So the 10th begins with the player who made the last out on 2nd base. WTF? The ANGELS score two runs and lead 3-1. The padres come up in the bottom half of the 10th with a runner already on 2nd. WTF? The padres tied it and they went into the 11th inning. I lost my mind about this time. The announcers who were trying to keep score on a scorepad were trying to figure out how to write down the plays. I switched to the DODGERS game.
L.A. scored 5 runs in one inning and 6 runs in another and I overheard their announcers talking about a mercy ruling when the DODGERS came off the field with only TWO OUTS??? WTF??? Are these rules going to be in effect during the "regular season"?
It's enough to make me switch to WOMEN'S BEACH VOLLEYBALL...oh wait, I already watch that. Better then watching a bunch of fat old men huddle in their spandex pants, holding hands. I think it's called FOOTball, but exactly how much time is actually devoted to kicking the game??? A very small percentage of the time I am thinking.

WTF??? Much to my chagrin, I watched the ANGELS-padres game yesterday eve and at the end of 9 innings, they were tied 1-1. So the 10th begins with the player who made the last out on 2nd base. WTF? The ANGELS score two runs and lead 3-1. The padres come up in the bottom half of the 10th with a runner already on 2nd. WTF? The padres tied it and they went into the 11th inning. I lost my mind about this time. The announcers who were trying to keep score on a scorepad were trying to figure out how to write down the plays. I switched to the DODGERS game.
L.A. scored 5 runs in one inning and 6 runs in another and I overheard their announcers talking about a mercy ruling when the DODGERS came off the field with only TWO OUTS??? WTF??? Are these rules going to be in effect during the "regular season"?
It's enough to make me switch to WOMEN'S BEACH VOLLEYBALL...oh wait, I already watch that. Better then watching a bunch of fat old men huddle in their spandex pants, holding hands. I think it's called FOOTball, but exactly how much time is actually devoted to kicking the game??? A very small percentage of the time I am thinking.

Sounds like co-Ed 50yo+ softball in my town.

1992 Baseball Fan Reengaged. They can fuck off

Maybe the problem is that I expect patriotism from everyone. I may be a bit altruistic in that sense, but we live in the greatest country on Earth. I'll believe it's not when everyone stops emigrating here in favor of somewhere else.

Like many here, I played a lot of ball growing up. I've only recently stopped playing due to a fractured vertebrae. I'm planning to skip watching MLB games. Their conduct is no more becoming than dodging the draft.

Maybe the problem is that I expect patriotism from everyone. I may be a bit altruistic in that sense, but we live in the greatest country on Earth. I'll believe it's not when everyone stops emigrating here in favor of somewhere else.

Like many here, I played a lot of ball growing up. I've only recently stopped playing due to a fractured vertebrae. I'm planning to skip watching MLB games. Their conduct is no more becoming than dodging the draft.

I feel the same which is why I won’t be wasting my time on these men who want to take a child’s game and try to pervert it.

If you can gain an advantage after 9 innings the last thing you need is a free baserunner.

Let me know when the wildcard trophy is larger because everyone get a large participation trophy at the end of the season.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
The runner on second has been in place for a couple years in the minors. They want prevent 4,5,6 hour games during the Rona.

Playoffs should be back to normal for extra innings.

I think the new rule is a good start but MLB needs to do more. Games are too damn long, its the regular season and there is 165 games. There is no need to play 4,5,6 hour games in the regular season. Save it for the Playoffs.

I say all this as a guy who has been stuck working many 5+ hour games and covers the slowest team in baseball the last few years, the Dbacks.

162 game regular season, and game 163 of a tie breaker is needed. The new rule with a player starting on 2nd base is retarded. The game takes as long as it takes.

Should extra innings be limited to 3 and the game is over in a tie? You know, 'cause games are too long...

162 game regular season, and game 163 of a tie breaker is needed. The new rule with a player starting on 2nd base is retarded. The game takes as long as it takes.

Should extra innings be limited to 3 and the game is over in a tie? You know, 'cause games are too long...
Id go a step further. No extra innings at all in the regular season. Game ends in a tie, each team gets half a game.

Id go a step further. No extra innings at all in the regular season. Game ends in a tie, each team gets half a game.

So then if it is real close with one team with no ties and another with one tie, the winner is the one with the best percentage?
Everyone has their own opinion and to me that is an abomination.
I LOVE EXTRA INNING GAMES. The buildup of suspense is the premiere emotion in baseball.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
So then if it is real close with one team with no ties and another with one tie, the winner is the one with the best percentage?
Everyone has their own opinion and to me that is an abomination.
I LOVE EXTRA INNING GAMES. The buildup of suspense is the premiere emotion in baseball.
I cant stand them. Everyone is different, no big deal.

However attendance is way down and the next generation has a tiny attention span. They need to speed up the game if they want new fans.