• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Baseball takes a knee!

Yeah... baseball so woke!

Boston just put up 900 foot BLM wall at the stadium.

Guess no one remembers this...

Boston fans are no doubt all woke...

Sirhr

Let them take a knee during the anthem but I don't want to hear them complain when they get pulled over and someone else exercises their rights to take a knee.

• Haha
Reactions: Bolo and Maggot
Lifelong Red Sox fan. Love baseball. I'm done. Hate basketball--period. Walked away from the NFL when they kneeled and the Mrs and I are walking away from baseball. Canceled our MLB subscription yesterday. I don't recognize this country anymore.

Sirhr
So funny this BLM at Fenway. I was on a telecon with a customer not 2 miles as the crow flies from Fenway when I read that. I about let it slip.....

Sadly, destroying organized sports is just another part of the communist playbook. No more bonding over teams. Getting together to watch a ballgame. City or team pride.

Another way to isolate people. Take things away. Destroy tradition.

And the plan is working perfectly.

Sirhr
I don't disagree with anything you've said. However, I have (had) every expectation that the players, the player's organizations and the owners will stand up for what is right and resist all that is wrong. They have all failed miserably. I won't miss any of them.

Lifelong Red Sox fan. Love baseball. I'm done. Hate basketball--period. Walked away from the NFL when they kneeled and the Mrs and I are walking away from baseball. Canceled our MLB subscription yesterday. I don't recognize this country anymore.

I was just thinking today..."WTF have they done to my country?"

I'm not done with the actual sports...... I'm done with the players, their unions, advertisers, and team owners. Hopefully they all move their operations to other countries. It's not like they are role models in society for our youth.

Its sad when sports teams and the organizations as a whole decides to side with terrorist and murderers over the country that made them rich , but I will not be supporting them any longer not since they decided to pay tens of millions of dollars to pay the blm and antifa to burn American cities and kill American citizens I'll just start as someone else suggested watching little league games , well I am gong to try at least they sort of still remember its just a game and that choices have consequences the mlb , nfl and nba , and nascar should have gotten that memo but they disregarded it .

Idiots. Anyone who disrespect the anthem or flag should get the f@ck out of here.
They are for the most part foreigners, I can't even stand hearing a game let alone see one.

What's funny is the NFL Hall of Fame here in Canton.
It's been like watching a slow motion train wreck for the last 5 years
The city is $175 million in the hole right now because they lost all their funding.

Your not seeing anything on the news about that happening.
All the feel good BLM stuff going on in front of the curtain

But behind the curtain money is still money and companies are taking their wad and quietly going home

Reactions: Edgecrusher

Sirhr

The current ownership is erasing the Yawkey connection to the team.

Apparently Mr Yawkey was a virulent racist holding the same ideas of just about everyone at the time, especially Democrats.

Now those ideas may not be correct in today's light but History doesn't work that way and if we are to be pure why does it seem we are picking and choosing our racists?

The Yawkey foundation donates millions to hospitals and child cancer research - Jimmy Fund.

All the money should be returned to the Yawkey Family if they are so bad.

So they play the game to an empty stadium.
Kneel to show submission to their Communist masters.
F them all for good.

Sadly, destroying organized sports is just another part of the communist playbook. No more bonding over teams. Getting together to watch a ballgame. City or team pride.

I'm NOT going to shed any tears about the Communists destroying team sports.... that willingly capitulated to the Communists...
I'm more likely to be a bit happy about them getting their comeuppance.

The "professional" sports and "School sports" all not only swallowed the SJW load but started openly using their influence to try to ram the SJW/BLM/Communist/Progressiveist agenda through in their states.
Trying to bully / blackmail states and cities into bowing down to the SJW religion...
They thought they were all so powerful and rich and invincible..... Now the wheels are coming off and they are doubling down on stupid hoping that will save them.

Just like I'm not going to shed any tears when the communists put the intelligentsia, that helped them rise to power, up against the wall.

Funny how when these same "woke" and "virtue signalling" athletes go on any trips to China they for some reason are super respectful of the Chinese National Anthem and National flag.... Maybe because unlike the soft weak west, in China you'll be punished for not properly looking at the flag while the national anthem is playing...... Just imagine if you openly kneeled during it....

The Communists still usually have national sports teams, they could try seeing how they like playing for one of those if they get their wish and the Communists come to power.... Bet they don't like life on the Communist National Team nearly as much as their current spoiled lifestyle.

Meh...

I am of the opinion that these athletes can do what they want.

Perhaps it will change IF people stop attending/watching. I mean, where would they be without the fans? With no market, no ads, no endorsements, etc.

Want to protest your disagreement with them? Simply stop the spend, and market forces will handle the rest.

Thing is, many have no issue with this and keep spending their dollars to support.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Ratings will plummet for these sports. They won't blame it on the political anti American bullshit. They'll blame it on covid or president trump