• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bases for Montana 1999 action??

mciver

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Olympia, WA
I am having a hell of a time getting info on what one piece 20moa base will work for the Montana Rifle company 1999 long action. I was originally told Win Mod 70 base..but that sh*t aint workin'! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bases for Montana 1999 action??

I am thinking they must have sent the wrong one...cuz the MRC web site says any Mod 70 base will work without any work. I guess I will have to call. thanks

OK...so Montana Rifle company referred me to Ken Farrell for a 1 piece 20 moa base. Any comments/opinions on these bases????

In 2001, Midway had Farrel one piece steel bases for $20.
I bought a quantity and gave them away like cigars.
I was really impressed with the quality.
They are heavy, being one piece, steel, and beefy.
The one piece design does get in the way of the magazine access.
I would not put one on a 5 pound hunting rifle, but a 12 pound sniper rifle could do no better.

Thanks Clark...it is going on a tac rifle so I'm not worried about the weight. Besides Farrell, all that I can find is EGW...but they seem a little more on the "cheap" side.

Lets see

We use 4 American made Fadal Machining centers.
Our screws are made in Conn. They are cold rolled from 4037
We tumble and blast them in house. They are Anodized in Reading Pa.
Our extrusion comes from Texas. This week we took delivery of our 8th order of 1000# of rail. That's about 30,000 mounts to you and me.
Our cutters are all ground in Pottstown Pa. Mostly Solid carbide.
Not sure what is cheap about our set up that you would infer that?
We don't need to put our kids through College with every mount if that is what you are saying?

We do make the Montana Short and Long action.

thanks
geo

www.egw-guns.com

egw1...i stand corrected and will give you (the company) a call and place and order. Thanks for the info and professionalism...especially since you probably should have smacked me down a little harder!

EGW makes quality everything. George and his crew will stand behind their products

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: egw1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We don't need to put our kids through College with every mount if that is what you are saying?

www.egw-guns.com
</div></div>

That was funny!
My kid's college is killing me. I need to laugh.
I am going to buy one of your mounts on my next order from Brownells.
With the profits, maybe you can buy your kids a pencil.