• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

basic biathlon

fish2keel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone on here has one or has pictures? I know I saw one in the rimfire picture section just wasn't sure if there was any others out there.

There hard to come by since they aren't made anymore!

Thanks guys!

F2k

Re: basic biathlon

Here's mine with a scope that lied about the eye relief(hence the weird mounting) which has since been replaced. It is hands down the best .22 I have ever shot and I love it. The action is just damn cool and it shoots better than any other .22 I've seen. They're in the $450-500 range right now, and you'll probably want to get a smith to put an extended rail on it, as the stock rail can't hold a scope worth crap, but they're well worth the price for the quality of rifle you get.

183986_1733679136676_1079472750_31897661_3117673_n.jpg

I found mine on gunbroker, they come in .22, .22wmr and .17hmr(none were imported, but they make them). There are 2-3 a month on gunbroker normally, you just have to check every day. Either that, or jump over to rimfirecentral and check their for sale.

Anschutz has the Fortner style action as well on their 1827... here

You can buy the action only on those....Altius I think does those for about $2400 IIRC??? I think so you can set up the rifle in the Larsen stock.

The Basic or 7-3 is more me. Putting $3500ish into a rimfire is hard for me to attain. Considering it is an "Olympic" level firearm....still seems very reasonable?

Here is a video of how fast the action is. You can work it really fast and not lose your sight picture. I've got a 20moa rail coming anyday. I've had the rifle for about 3 years and haven't shot it much at all, but is does shoot very well. Mine likes RWS Rifle Match.

http://youtu.be/-5C4PhHyEbY

I have one in 22LR. I have had it about 6 years. I have put probably 500 rounds through it. It shoots Wolfe MT really well and also like the American Eagle. Accurate as hell.

I actually pulled mine out of the safe today and put it in the case for a trip to the range tomorrow.

It always draws attention because of the unique action. I have let several people shoot it, and I have never had anybody tell me they didn't like it.

There is a camming action to it as you close it. It's not just loose and hanging there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested by the toggle action as well. I haven't heard anything about the since they've become available but this action is compatible with 10/22 stocks, barrels and accessories.

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=26 </div></div>

If that thing has anything near the accuracy of my 7-2 I might sell mine and get one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested by the toggle action as well. I haven't heard anything about the since they've become available but this action is compatible with 10/22 stocks, barrels and accessories.

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=26</div></div> Nice, I've been waiting on them to release them back on their website. Now to make plans to have one for next spring....