• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Basic cad software

mi223

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
West Michigan
I am in need of a basic cad software. I have no use for 3d at this time. Just 2d building elevations and floor plans. I haven't used cad in years so easy to use and learn is what I am looking for. The cheaper the better but I am willing to pay for something good. Does anyone have a recommendations?

Thanks

Thanks I will give qcad a try. Honestly I had written of all the free offerings just because they are free. Usually things are worth what you pay for them.

Sketchup is easy to learn and they have a free version. I use the professional version for modeling for woodworking and furniture. It works great for laying out rooms and planning remodels.

T

Sketchup is easy to learn and they have a free version. I use the professional version for modeling for woodworking and furniture. It works great for laying out rooms and planning remodels.

T
I will give that a try also. Maybe I am being dumb thinking I would have to pay for something for the basic work I am needing to do.

Drawing up remodel floor plans and concept drawing is what I am after. I will leave blueprints up to the professionals.

Sketchup and QCAD are computer applications but I believe there are apps available for tablets that will give you some kind of drawing capability.

I've used both. QCAD is more like a traditional CAD software package while Sketchup is more like a freehand drawing package.

I drew this in Sketchup and my son printed it on his 3D Printer. It is 1/10th scale
20160731_224019.jpg

Sketchup and QCAD are computer applications but I believe there are apps available for tablets that will give you some kind of drawing capability.

I've used both. QCAD is more like a traditional CAD software package while Sketchup is more like a freehand drawing package.

I drew this in Sketchup and my son printed it on his 3D Printer. It is 1/10th scale
View attachment 7726305
How much was the 1/10th 2x4?