• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Basic Upper Receiver + BCG - best place to buy

medicjim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2002
New Jersey, USA
I've been busy raising kids for the last decade, looking for a pointer on where one might source decent quality upper parts for a basic build (223 BCG)? Thanks in advance.

For BCG, find yourself a Toolcraft, Microbest, or AO Precision wherever it's cheapest.

For upper receivers, BCM if you want a tight barrel to upper fit and mil-spec dry lube on the inside. Anderson if you just want a basic upper.

I've had a few Anderson uppers and lowers, and even though people talk trash about the brand, they usually have a snug fit to almost every lower I've tried.

AR15Discounts had them for $35 a couple weeks ago.

I've ordered plenty from this outfit and they ship pretty quick.

Sons of Liberty Gun Works makes an excellent BCG.
If you shop around a bit, they can be had for a competitive price.

Reactions: ssc45
I've been busy raising kids for the last decade, looking for a pointer on where one might source decent quality upper parts for a basic build (223 BCG)? Thanks in advance.
Watch what gets posted In this link, you will have great deals from several vendors and the comments in the post will tell you about each vendor. Just read the comment section in each post, it will be filled info/deal from users.

Reactions: mtrmn
I have had nothing but great luck with BCM uppers and would not hesitate to buy another.

I've ordered plenty from this outfit and they ship pretty quick.
+ 1 on RTB; Also AR15 Discounts, Primary Arms..................all are good sources.

Pretty much any brand name upper or a branded upper from any of the above is fine.

I like BCM for a basic forged upper; Vltor for a step up forged & SanTan & Cross Machine Tool for billet uppers.

MM

Thank you everyone for the great information. Time to spend some $.
Check out primary arms. They usually have good deals. I got a SOLGW BCG for $129, also as the poster above me said AR-15discounts. If you want to go Gucci check out cryptic coatings.