• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Basix Trigger Adjustment

irondude

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Received rifle back from gunsmith and the trigger is to light for my liking, it breaks @ 8oz and would like to adjust to 1.5 lbs. Triggger is on a Remington 700 and I don't have the manual...can anyone post instructions or give a description?

Re: Basix Trigger Adjustment

Those are instuction on how to install...I need instuctions on how to adjust. Thanks anyway!

Thats helpful also looking for the procedure to adjust the screws, I have done many Remingtons but this is not working out the same. Normally I will turn the engagement screw until the firing pin drops and then back out 1/2 turn. Then with firing pin dropped adjust over travel screw unitl it just touches and back out 1/4 turn. Then adjust spring tension for weight of pull.

I spoke with the manufacture and they walked me through the steps after repeated slam fire checks and determined that the spring is weak and are sending a new replacement trigger...I'm pleased with their customer service and they are presetting trigger weight.