• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bAss Pro purchases Sportsman's Warehouse

Really sucks for me as bass pro and cabelas are a 3 hour drive but sportsman’s was 30min.

Well fuck that sucks, they were decently stocked here and had good selection/prices.
They have decent stock except reloading and ammo...but that’s everywhere so..

Bass pro sucks. I liked Sportsman’s but I’m sure they’ll fuck it up like they did Cabelas

Reactions: JMGlasgow
I like Sportsman's Warehouse but anticipate bAss Pro will destroy them as they have done to Cabela's.

Sportsman's Warehouse purchase
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The thing I like about Sportsman's is they are NOT BPS!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!

Didn't SW just get TAPCO? WTF, over!!!??? Granted BPS has had 6.5 that nobody else has had and for cheap; but BPS fucks up everything they touch....higher prices, less service...great for the consumer........................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Reactions: Woodlanddude
Hmmm. Guess their prices will be even higher? Never been a fan, they really pissed me off recently, but they purposely kept their shelves stocked low with more in the back, so people would think its the “last box or two” and buy it. Never had anything i needed for the most part, rarely something id settle for. occasionally i would be happy with what i found and the price. It was my go to place for ONE box of ammo to see how it shoots and then buy it elsewhere for 1/4 the price.

Fuck SWs anti capitalist purchase limits, the nearest one to me is 2 hours away. I drive two hours for a 1lb powder, 1k primer limit for shit that isn’t in stock smh. They did this to themselves.

I never had this problem at bass pro.

They even had some misguided idiot think I couldn’t buy more than two boxes of projectiles of a different weight in the same caliber because they apply that limit to loaded ammunition.

Fffffuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk!!!!!!
Bass Pro already fucked up Cabelas and now these crayon eaters are going to destroy Sportsman’s. Fuck!

This sucks! I haven't bought a damn thing from Cabela's once BP took over. Changed everything Cabela's was!! If your looking for the latest bass jig from KVD then Bass Pro is your spot, for EVERYTHING else your better off going to Walmart or Big5, quality is about the same!!!

Reactions: deersniper
Just to remind everyone. Sportsman's Warehouse shareholders SOLD themselves to Bass Pro. They don't give a crap if you have access to primers.

It literally cant get any fucking worse.

Any Sportsman's I've ever walked into all suffer from the same shit:

- Prices are full retail, to above full retail.
- 75% of the store is clothing, most of which are 'lifestyle' t shirts and shit. Not actual quality hunting gear.
- Almost everything from the gear, to the clothing, to the handful of kayaks or whatever they have is your typical China made shit. At full retail.
- It's a complete last stop for reloading gear due to random availability of stuff (pre panic) and full retail pricing.
- Any firearms related gear is mostly shit China knockoff stuff or gimmicky noob traps (which are also China shit).
- Noone knows a fucking thing about anything that works there.

Their stores could literally be consolidated down to about 1/4 their current size and still probably sell the same amount of shit. It's like someone said before, its Walmart with more camo.

See a need, fill a need.

What does it take to buy and sell reloading supplies wholesale? We could all be distributors and hoarders at the same time.

Reactions: Loner
Goddammit.
The only decent place for reloading supplies within a half hour of me is, no was, Sportsman's Warehouse.
The one in Coon Rapids? I remember back to the big one that was in Saint Cloud.

It sucks that Crap Pro Shucks is buying them out too. They ruined Cabelas to the point that it really is a waste of time to go there anymore. All three, the Rogers, Maplewood and Owatonna have basically had their prices go up, stock variety go down and customer service driven into the ground. They should do us all a favor and buy out the RV World husk that is Gander Outdoors so it too can spiral even further.

I guess Scheels it is. The new one in Eden Prairie is amazing.

Reactions: smoooth1
The one in Coon Rapids? I remember back to the big one that was in Saint Cloud.

It sucks that Crap Pro Shucks is buying them out too. They ruined Cabelas to the point that it really is a waste of time to go there anymore. All three, the Rogers, Maplewood and Owatonna have basically had their prices go up, stock variety go down and customer service driven into the ground. They should do us all a favor and buy out the RV World husk that is Gander Outdoors so it too can spiral even further.

I guess Scheels it is. The new one in Eden Prairie is amazing.
That's the one.

The first rifle I ever bought was from the Sportsman's in St. Cloud.

I went to Cabela's in Rogers last winter. Walked in and nobody in that place knew a fucking thing about the department they worked in, including what their department even sold.

Nothing but dissapointment.

When I lived in Nebraska I shopped at the Scheels in Lincoln.

The place was pretty decent as far as supplies went. Not much for bullets but for the most part stayed fairly well stocked on powders and primers.

At least until they built the new store with a fucking ferris wheel in it. Now every time you shop there, you're hit with some kind of convenience tax to pay for their parking ramp. Ridiculous.

I haven't been to the Eden Prairie store yet.

Great. Another supplier down the tubes to corporate stupidity...

Went in there tonight and they were stocking ammo. Was like buzzards hovering around road kill waiting for the guy to load the shelves.
That's hilarious I was in BP last week and the poor stock guy rolls up with a shopping care of 62g green tip.....half a dozen guys standing there just like your turkey buzzards. All gone in seconds. Searching for large rifle primers at BP was akin to a Hamas unit scouring the sidewalks of the Gaza Strip for weapons grade plutonium laying about.

My girlfriend wanted to purchase a firearm from sportsman’s last June. Of course it was during the height of sales/background checks. She ordered it on their website, paid with CC, and once it arrived at the local store, she went in to pick it up. Her NICS came back DELAYED. She has a spotless record. Never a call back from sportsman’s. Finally about 6 weeks after, I asked if she had heard anything about it. She said no. I told her to call them and find out wtf. When she called, they told her that her background check had “timed out”, and they put the firearm back on the shelf and sold it. Never refunded her CC. She had to call their HQ office and spent an hour on the phone to get her money back. We will never do business there again.

It can get worse, and it will.

It's almost like big-box stores are more about "increasing shareholder value" in the short-term instead of building long-term relationships with customers that benefit both parties.

The best fight that consumers can wage against this trend is to shop in smaller local stores - where price and selection sucks due to a horribly inefficient supply chain dominated by byzantine relationships with distributors. The distributor takes a cut for offering the small independent retailer the privilege of... well, today it basically comes down to brokering a drop shipment from a manufacturer that itself has no inventory.

So then we're on to the Internet, which is likely the primary source of pressure behind craptastic mergers like this one.

The best solution I've found is still local, local, local - buy gun stuff from my LGS, buy outdoor clothing from my local outdoor clothing store, etc. To the extent that one needs to patronize a big-box retailer, at least try to find one that's not completely antagonistic towards the customer (i.e. REI).

It's almost like big-box stores are more about "increasing shareholder value" in the short-term instead of building long-term relationships with customers that benefit both parties

Yes

This spans many industries.

A company that is publicly traded/owned will sacrifice 1 dollar next year to make a penny this month for the shareholders.

Ruining everything

Reactions: AllenOne1
Private Equity groups are taking over our country. I'm in the wholesale building products business and things are changing so fast its hard to keep up with who is buying who any more. Consolidation is happening at brake neck speed and who gets crapped on? The workers that actually make things happen in the trenches. This is just more Big Corporate BS. I try to support the mom and pops business's any time I can.

I haven't been to the Eden Prairie store yet.
They made that location like a nicer super-store, I think partly due to the location being near the more wealthy suburbs. The inside of it is as big the Rogers Cabelas. I think when or if the panic buying ends they will be better stocked on reloading stuff then all but GunStop in the area.

they didn't ruin Cabela's, Cabela's ruined themselves
Cabelas up here, while high priced had a much larger variety of stock then any other outdoors store. They also had bargain caves and occassional sales on reloading and gun parts.

When BassHoe Shit Sucks took over they did what the owner of RV World did to the remainder of Gander Mountain, which is to say they halfed the instore product, changed the product lines to focus on selling rebranded Artic Cat ATVs, bass boats and raised prices. They also reduced Cabelas branded product warrenties and changed the return policies. Basically, they gutted what was actually the in person draw for Cabelas.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Cabela's used to be good. They single handedly kept me in Rimfire ammo the last time this happened. Basspro bought them and I haven't been back.

Their stores could literally be consolidated down to about 1/4 their current size and still probably sell the same amount of shit. It's like someone said before, its Walmart with more camo.

Never thought of it like that, but that is a very accurate assessment of SW.

Bass Pro = Walmart in camo.......
I actually like BPS. Here’s why...

Their top of the line hunting gear is also their base line hunting gear. So in effect it takes a lot of the decision making out of the process. Run into BPS, get your Sh*t and get out! Now if they could make all of their junk one size fits all, that would be awesome! 🤩

the big box stores have always been overpriced. I only buy reloding components on line and when things loosen up, that's where they will be again. Fuck BP, Cabelas, and now SW.

IRun into BPS, get your Sh*t and get out! Now if they could make all of their junk one size fits all, that would be awesome! 🤩

Yes! A market for the tactical Moomoo. (spelling?). As an added bonus you won't have to remove your XXL condor gun belt when you need to take a tactical field dump.

In all seriousness, I think BP will totally fuck up Sportsman's. Their prices weren't the best by a long shot, but they usually had it in stock. Wonder how long it will take BP to drop the mil discount offered by Sportsman's.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza