• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes bassett machine M1A mount

Re: bassett machine M1A mount

I will probably be bathed in fire, but I have one and have tried several makes.
Overall it is best one I have used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iron prowler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have experience with one of these, good or bad? </div></div>

I have the standard low mount that I am not using. If you are interested, I can ship it to you to try out. If you like it, you can pay me for what you think it is worth.

I only used it once and took it off when I went to a Sage stock with a red dot at the scout position.

I keep my M1A accessories oriented around Smith Enterprises and Sadlak...can't go wrong with either one's stuff.

Never heard of yours, but I hope it works out for you.

Since the durned thing is made out of steel, I see no reason why it should not do a fine job. IMO, those other big and popular names are being sold for twice what they should be.

Even the aluminum SAI "Third Generation" is double the price it should be.

I had an ARMS 18, which didn't hold jack on my Springfield M1A. I sold it.

I got the Bassett mount, and it actually works! Even better, is comes with a cool pocket wrench that applies the same torque each time, which means it returns to zero in the field. Not only does it HOLD zero, it RETURNS to zero. Simple looking, but actually works!

I can testify for the CcCann equipment...and when you call you get to talk to Mr Mc Cann himself. Gteat customer service. that said the other one look sgood as well. Go to M-14 forum, thT definative sight for the M1A rifle. More info than Carter has pills.