• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing BAT action screw holes not aligned w/ AI stock

CCooper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
Hoschton, GA
I finally received my (remington footprint) BAT short repeater action today for my 6.5x47 build. I dropped it into my AI stock and both the action screws for the stock were roughly 1/8 of an inch too far to the rear of the stock. Is this common? Will all Dave and Jared (APA) have to do is mill out the rear of the recoil lug cavity so the action will sit farther back allowing alignment? If so, I assume this can be done precisely allowing full lug contact and action screw alignment? I had a rem. 5R in this stock previously that dropped in perfect with no mods. Thanks for the help

Re: BAT action screw holes not aligned w/ AI stock

I have owed a Rem footprint Bat repeater and so have a few others in North Texas. The recoil lug was short and over sized which required milling out the AICS but the action screws were spaced correctly. This was a few years ago in an experiment I was doing with benchrest actions. I don't know if it was the same exact model as ours since ours were first run prototypes.

I would contact BAT Machine and see what is up.

Yup contact BAT. Something doesn't sound right.

For anyone that has or will have this same problem: David @ APA said no problems, he will mill out the lug cavity to allow the action to slide rear allowing perfect action screw alignment, recoil lug contact and bolt handle drop. This is my 1st BAT action--it is very smooth.