• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BAT Machine TR Action

FourT6and2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017

Attachments

• photo48520.jpg
    photo48520.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 272
I got to play with one after shot.. they are very nice, typical BAT quality. They made a few tweaks to the case ejection from what I understand to aid in ejection relability.

I think they have only made a few of them so far - I'm only aware of 1 out in the wild that is fully built.

Almost bought SN #4, but ultimately went with a TL3 for a dasher build.

The bolt lugs will probably be galled before the end of the first match. Melonite is not the cure all for improper heat treat. I would take a Bighorn over a Bat any day.

Paul

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Without a doubt. BAT makes proven actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bolt lugs will probably be galled before the end of the first match. Melonite is not the cure all for improper heat treat. I would take a Bighorn over a Bat any day.

Paul

Your comment implies BAT makes actions with improper heat treat?

Correct. Nothing new as this has been going on for quite a while. Just google it and read and read, etc...

Paul

Yes, they are beautiful to look at. And yes, they are proven to gall. Seen many of them.:);)

Paul

Boltfluter/Paul, with due respect I do not think you know what you are talking about. I can assure you that there is not a single BAT QPQ (melonite) action that has galled. If you say "they are proven to gall", please bring the action to me and I will pay you full retail for it. This does not apply just to the BAT TR, but any BAT QPQ action.

Obvioulsy, if a shooter is going to not lube his lug with correct grease on a polished (non QPQ) action, you run a high risk of galling. That is standard with any high end action machined to tight tolerances. It is not restricted to BAT.

I really do wish that when people made posts like I see above, that they were speaking from experience.

The BAT TR is quite possibly the finest tactical action ever made.

Reactions: BoldCorrections
Boltfluter/Paul, with due respect I do not think you know what you are talking about. I can assure you that there is not a single BAT QPQ (melonite) action that has galled. If you say "they are proven to gall", please bring the action to me and I will pay you full retail for it. This does not apply just to the BAT TR, but any BAT QPQ action.

Obvioulsy, if a shooter is going to not lube his lug with correct grease on a polished (non QPQ) action, you run a high risk of galling. That is standard with any high end action machined to tight tolerances. It is not restricted to BAT.

I really do wish that when people made posts like I see above, that they were speaking from experience.

The BAT TR is quite possibly the finest tactical action ever made.

I sent you a PM.

I had the opportunity to check out the BAT TR tactical action last year at the Harrisburg NRA show. It was the greatest action I ever handled. The founder was there and answered all of my questions. Unfortunately it was out of my price range, but was an awesome action. Still regret that decision. Good luck.

I currently own a BAT TR SN# 6. I will write about my opinion about this action, I am no way sponsored or obligated to talk about any action.

I have owned a Surgeon 591, Impact, and a Kelbly's Atlas. For a 90 degree action, the TR by far feels nicer and a lot smoother then the listed actions I own. I always thought my Surgeon was one of the slickest actions out there, but after I got my hands on my BAT, it changed my mind on how I think an action should feel. I have had many people say how nice the actions feels and are blown away by the overall smoothness. Also, with a B/A Tac sport trigger installed, there is absolutely no cocking on close. The BAT doesn't throw brass a mile away like the other 3 listed do, but it ejects rounds nicely in a pile right next to me. When I tested the firing pin for straightness, it was perfect, and after 2000 rounds down the action, there is no signs of wear or chaffing happening in the action other then the normal places. I got the action right before the BWRS (Jim See's Border Wars) Finale match, I ended up finishing 1st at the Finale and 5th overall for the season..

The fit and finish when I received the action was second to none, and the overall feel/quality was as perfect at it could be. After paying the heavy price for the action, I decided to go through it with a magnifying glass, and couldn't find any tooling marks or burrs. It was mint.

Overall, its an expensive action (the price for perfection?), but when it comes to 90 degree actions....Its simply the best action I have felt or ran. I hope to buy another soon.

Which one has set more world records?

Hmm, how do I read this, with only 7 words..... I have no idea, but I assume BAT.

But what the F does that mean? Ford has more “world records” than Ferrari. In what? Doesn’t matter. They just have more....

So the “World Record” that Bat has is “The most assholes as owners?” This is why I stay out of BR crowds. They know everything..... just ask them.

Last edited:
My question is, why are non melonited BAT actions so prone to galling? It seems the action or lug hardness should have been corrected from the onset.

I don't want to even think about an action galling, not even a cheap one, much less an expensive one, and I don't want to judiciously grease the lugs constantly. I do like the overall quality of BAT, it's just this one thing that dissuaded me when I was considering all the available custom actions for my build.

Reactions: Bender
@Bender - I agree.

As another example (even though this is an old thread):

Jewel triggers have set many more "world records" than a Huber. So what?

I've owned a bunch of J's and in chalk baby powder dirt used to have to carry a can of lighter fluid to stay running. Run in these conditions, then add in a bit of light rain and had them lock almost sold as in need to remove the action. I have 8 Hubers, never cleaned, most with thousands of rounds, my problem solved.

Again, they are on many benchrest guns with shinny paint and guys turned sideways, heads not even touching the stock.. under cover with ounces or parts of an ounce of break.. But that means zero to me.. I do not shoot under those conditions.. I no longer own a single Jewel. But hey, maybe you want to run like the BR guys in the talcum powdered dirt.. that hanger would come in handy..

I grow very tired of -- World records as the reason something works.. especially when it has ZERO bearing to the type of shooting "I" might be doing..

PS - Before the Jewel lovers get offended, this is the talcum powder dirt I was speaking about, is WAY more prevalent here in the West, Central Valley thru the Desert.. Think Baja Races or the Las Vegas to Reno run. - Image below just an internet image near on on the Reno run.
LV-Reno.jpg

Last edited:
Which one has set more world records?

The Mausingfeld has been around since (about) mid 2014, right? Less than 4 years?

How long has BAT been building actions? Since the 1990s?

@Bender - I agree.

As another example (even though this is an old thread):

Jewel triggers have set many more "world records" than a Huber. So what?

I've owned a bunch of J's and in chalk baby powder dirt used to have to carry a can of lighter fluid to stay running. Run in these conditions, then add in a bit of light rain and had them lock almost sold as in need to remove the action. I have 8 Hubers, never cleaned, most with thousands of rounds, my problem solved.

Again, they are on many benchrest guns with shinny paint and guys turned sideways, heads not even touching the stock.. under cover with ounces or parts of an ounce of break.. But that means zero to me.. I do not shoot under those conditions.. I no longer own a single Jewel. But hey, maybe you want to run like the BR guys in the talcum powdered dirt.. that hanger would come in handy..

I grow very tired of -- World records as the reason something works.. especially when it has ZERO bearing to the type of shooting "I" might be doing..

PS - Before the Jewel lovers get offended, this is the talcum powder dirt I was speaking about, is WAY more prevalent here in the West, Central Valley thru the Desert.. Think Baja Races or the Las Vegas to Reno run. - Image below just an internet image near on on the Reno run.
View attachment 6886435
My best friend from childhood races the Reno to Vegas in his custom RZR turbo 1000.

C74BF897-2536-4633-A7EB-9D402B1B8E38.jpeg

LOL, it seems that some of you don't like world records. I have always seen them as the pinnacle of performance and accuracy. I am quite sure that time will reveal BAT's quality and prowess. The TR is NOT a benchrest action, but it's roots in fire control, design, consistancy and quality all go back to benchrest. BAT machine has gone to great lengths to design the TR around the needs of the tactical shooter. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.

My best friend from childhood races the Reno to Vegas in his custom RZR turbo 1000.
Thats assume -- BTW I had a (only slightly moded) razor stuck high centered in the sand (lost the front drive) in the desert.. My dumb ass left the shovel in the truck.. Took me 2+ hours to dig the thing out by hand... was starting to think I might have to spend the night..

@rbutze -- I think we are saying, using that argument often has little bearing on what works better, especially in a different use situation... In this case- Benchrest is an entirely different animal, take a BAT BR action into the dust blum, accurate of not.. the 1/64th moa you might gain is worthless.

LOL, it seems that some of you don't like world records. I have always seen them as the pinnacle of performance and accuracy. I am quite sure that time will reveal BAT's quality and prowess. The TR is NOT a benchrest action, but it's roots in fire control, design, consistancy and quality all go back to benchrest. BAT machine has gone to great lengths to design the TR around the needs of the tactical shooter. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.

LOL you seem to think anyone gives a shit.
Your attitude is everything I’ve come to expect from a smug Know-It-All.
I was simply asking for a comparison, but instead I get your amazing explanation. Have fun.

Reactions: bohem

You are doing an awesome job selling it to this crowd, sure makes me want to buy one...

I have no experience with BAT actions, but the TR doesn't seem quite as feature-rich as some of the other actions on the market, and at over $1600, I think it should be. Features aren't everything of course...

Not sure how they expect to sell these actions at that price, given that you can get a BH TL3, Surgeon 591, or Defiance Deviant (just to name a few) for 3-400 less. Maybe they are just aiming towards BR shooters who already own BAT actions and are looking for something different?

My question is, why are non melonited BAT actions so prone to galling? It seems the action or lug hardness should have been corrected from the onset.

I don't want to even think about an action galling, not even a cheap one, much less an expensive one, and I don't want to judiciously grease the lugs constantly. I do like the overall quality of BAT, it's just this one thing that dissuaded me when I was considering all the available custom actions for my build.
The action is no more prone to galling than any other Stainless action. If you put grease on the bolt when you clean the barrel or even every other time you clean the barrel, you will have no problems (from my experience) (assuming you clean the barrel every 400-600 rounds)

I have a BAT Action. It isn't a TR, it is an HR. I could write a short story about the issues it had. I will never buy another BAT Action of any kind unless I have an opportunity to inspect it before I buy it.

You are correct, the metallurgy at the lockup surfaces is too close together and the SS is prone to galling as a general behavior of the material.
Bighorn has never had a galling issue because their bolt heads are 15+ points harder on Rc than the receiver body.
I own a Bighorn that I've personally put over 35,000 rounds through it. They checked with a few of the other early owners that have high round count actions and we're pretty sure that it's the highest round count Bighorn out there. The next in line all are 18-25k rounds and heavily used in dusty, dirty, grimy conditions.

None of the bighorns gall because AJ addressed the issue before he sold the first action. They continue not to gall today because they have the problem solved. It's also why many manufacturers of SS receivers have gone to a QPQ process (black nitride, melonite, tennifer, etc) to increase the surface hardness and solve galling issues. QPQ isn't necessarily a solution for all things as it's a heat treat process that alters the base material strength properties while the nitriding happens. There are limitations to the process, it's not a catch all and the black surface finish is actually an oxide layer left by the process. It's not necessarily a "coating" but rather a byproduct. Generally there are good things that come from it so long as QPQ is used in a manner that works to its strengths.

Reactions: Ledzep
You are correct, the metallurgy at the lockup surfaces is too close together and the SS is prone to galling as a general behavior of the material.
Bighorn has never had a galling issue because their bolt heads are 15+ points harder on Rc than the receiver body.
I own a Bighorn that I've personally put over 35,000 rounds through it. They checked with a few of the other early owners that have high round count actions and we're pretty sure that it's the highest round count Bighorn out there. The next in line all are 18-25k rounds and heavily used in dusty, dirty, grimy conditions.

None of the bighorns gall because AJ addressed the issue before he sold the first action. They continue not to gall today because they have the problem solved. It's also why many manufacturers of SS receivers have gone to a QPQ process (black nitride, melonite, tennifer, etc) to increase the surface hardness and solve galling issues. QPQ isn't necessarily a solution for all things as it's a heat treat process that alters the base material strength properties while the nitriding happens. There are limitations to the process, it's not a catch all and the black surface finish is actually an oxide layer left by the process. It's not necessarily a "coating" but rather a byproduct. Generally there are good things that come from it so long as QPQ is used in a manner that works to its strengths.
But........

Where are the WORLD RECORDS??????????????????

?????????????????????

Bighorn my ass.........

(For you people who are not overly burdened with ideas.....the above is DEAD SERIOUS!!! NO SARCASM WHATSOEVER!!!)

(This was totally sarcasm. Bigorn makes great actions!)

Last edited:
I have a BAT Action. It isn't a TR, it is an HR. I could write a short story about the issues it had. I will never buy another BAT Action of any kind unless I have an opportunity to inspect it before I buy it.
How many world records did you set with it though????? HOW MANY WOMEN FOLLOWED YOU HOME???????

The action is no more prone to galling than any other Stainless action. If you put grease on the bolt when you clean the barrel or even every other time you clean the barrel, you will have no problems (from my experience) (assuming you clean the barrel every 400-600 rounds)

First sentence says it all.
This Defiance had 1400-1500 rounds on it, came in for its first rebarrel.
galldefiance.jpg

I have serial number M5a400029 Mausingfield. To my best knowledge it's the first of the "for-consumer" production run Mausingfields (#28 was given to C. Dixon for evaluation, and I believe actions prior to that were given to other smiths for similar evaluation and/or testing). It's on its third barrel (6 comp match, .260, now 6.5 SAUM-- 4500+ rounds and counting, I'm sure others have more on theirs) and I have royally abused it. I have never specifically greased/lubed the lugs and have no signs whatsoever of galling.

The Serial #28 action that C. Dixon has, myself and Chad fired 600 6mm comp match fire-forming cases through bone dry into a sand trap and filled his shop with airborne dust in about 2 hours using a water-cooled barrel. No galling. Both myself and Chad ran several matches both super-lubed and bone dry purposefully not giving any care to the action throughout local PRS-style matches in wind/dust/etc... No galling.

You can say whatever you want about the M5 being a "new, unproven design" but you're full of shit. It's the latest evolution and the engineering pinnacle of the battle-proven M1898 Mauser design that has won praise and been copied all over this rock for the last 120 years.

Not going to knock BAT or Defiance's machine work because it's excellent, but for guys running these dirty dusty PRS matches where you know dust and grit is going to be present, IMO it's a no-brainer to go with tough wear resistant 4340 over any stainless... To each his own, though.

Last edited:

I have heard that a 5 point difference,between receiver and bolt, is required to help with this problem.
Didn't know if true or more like the 15 used by Bighorn.

R

Dusty.. even when we don’t “think” it is dusty, clouds often run back through our actions. Grease is a dust magnet, Benchrest tolerance is just sketchy.

Here is a slow-mo if my son at a local match..look closely, more dust than you might notice in real motion.

With some matches, 200 rounds this (even without powered dirt) can take a toll.

Bighorn actions are also significantly harder than Defiance/BAT from what I recall. Sorry going off memory here so maybe take it with a grain of salt, but I want to say in the low/mid 40's Rockwell C for Bighorn, and mid 30's for the other two.

Obviously surface treatment (nitride) will change those numbers.

I have heard that a 5 point difference,between receiver and bolt, is required to help with this problem.
Didn't know if true or more like the 15 used by Bighorn.

R

5 is generally a bare minimum rule of thumb, 8 is a better number. The 15 that is accomplished by Bighorn's design is due to the materials and processing selected for other considerations.

Bighorn actions are also significantly harder than Defiance/BAT from what I recall. Sorry going off memory here so maybe take it with a grain of salt, but I want to say in the low/mid 40's Rockwell C for Bighorn, and mid 30's for the other two.

Obviously surface treatment (nitride) will change those numbers.
Bighorns are typically 42HRc

I have a Defiance that's 37 and one that's 39 from 2 years earlier.
My BAT EX I have not put on the hardness tester... yet.

Reactions: Rthur and Ledzep
There's a reason why I went from a GAP/Defiance action to a Mausingfield - I'm sick and tired of having to baby the action. Defiance makes a decent action, but they don't like the fine dust. It has caused me headaches over multiple days at multiple matches.

I'll take durability/reliability over so-called bench rest records any day. This is a different game than bench rest, and requires different tools.

Omg- really you guys.

World records or hardness; if it is benchrest “world record” close; it is a bad idea for field shooting.

Guys.. confession here.. even when I have won or DNF’d the difference that can be attributed to the action, be it 1/64 or 1/32 of a moa is bullshit. I am the one that misses not the action.

Over the years I have seen a couple national record holders walk away from a field match or score near the bottom.

Indians are cool.. we pay way to much attention to the arrow..

I'm going to chime in here on the Bat Actions and galling.

I sell the Bat Tactical Action and it was the first 700 Bat clone. It is our action to build on and sell to other smiths as a return for our investment in both time and money in the project. I have nearly 500 actions in the field since 2012. I have not had one come back with galled lugs. I do not sell VR's and have nothing to do with BR models so I cannot speak for them from experience. But here are some things that need pointed out.

BTA actions are Stainless with Chrome Moly Bolts - Done on purpose as the combination of stainless action/stainless bolt is more prone to gull

I still think the T-slot extractor on the BTA's eject better for most rifle calibers

I like trigger Pins. I do not like trigger hangers - you like what you like : )

Our flutes on the BTA's are for field shooting. I won ASC with serial #1 in 2012. Three day match in the dirt and never wiped even the bolt body down. Ran like a champ! And took first place which was really cool to do with the first prototype.

Melonite helps protects the Chrome Molly bolt a little and does make them run like butter

Last but not least, $300 more over some other actions is a lot and I get it. I worked three jobs to support my family and try to have a shooting hobby, and I started out with a Savage .308. I loved it and had a great time shooting and learning with it. That said, I know guys who will waste $300 every month on just about anything. In some cases you truly get what you pay for and in this case I truly believe you are getting a $300 better action.

Most will not walk away from any other hobby item (boat, car, R.V. etc.) - if $300 more could get you the best. Only in shooting : )

If you could scratch it together, I personally think it is worth it and i have never had a single customer call and regret it. If you shoot your rifle for several years or more. Divide that $300 by the years of use and it works out to a couple dollars a year. It's just my opinion, but if you can save up the extra money, you will not regret it.

Jamie Dodson
President
Wolf Precision, inc.
www.wolfprecision.net

Attachments

• IMG_9108.JPG
    IMG_9108.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 140
This is a brand new $2600 EX action.
This is a SS action and is not QPQ'd. The quality of the fit and finish shown here has also been seen on the Tactical actions that have come thru.

If this action were to be FNC treated it would not change anything about the fit and finish except for the color. The action geometry, chattered thread flanks, and zippered feeling while running the bolt would still be there.

Well, here are the photos. Let's start with the chattered threads. Chattered tenon threads, improper thread relief, no thread truncation, rolled over lead thread. It shows even in the thumbnail but in a full size picture it's rather telling.

20180322_224636.jpg

20180322_224524.jpg

It's sticky feeling just sitting on the table with light grease on the surfaces. It also makes a zipper sound while being actuated. The bore does not appear to have been honed and the bolt body OD really does not appear to have been polished or burnished. If you listen at 16-18sec into the video you can hear the bolt doing a "stick slip" type motion.

I apologize for the video quality, most of my household is asleep... basically just myself and the dog are up still. I was trying not to clunk around too much and wake my 4 year old.

The bolt handle root end has a breakout and pits due to the cutoff threads. This picture also shows the undercut region where the bolt body has some poor quality machining areas around the PE cam.

20180322_224359.jpg

20180322_224328.jpg

The bolt release screw is tiny and still has breakout and poor engagement in the receiver body.

20180322_224304.jpg

20180322_224425.jpg

The bolt nose surface where the cartridge rides is rough and the endmill used to finish it clearly needed to be changed. The surface finish in the root here will catch a nail with you drag a finger across it.

20180322_224459.jpg

When I received the action I tried reaching out to BAT directly several times. They wouldn't return a call.

I tried reaching out to Mr. Butze since he is a Distributor for BAT receivers (he is from Bullet Central). His response to to tell me I was an inexperienced hater and that I lacked understanding in everything related to rifle receivers, building rifles, etc. He also ignored every single thing and instead dared me to prove him wrong about my statement that I found taper in tenon threads.

What this thread has proven to me is that the largest BAT distributor in the country is extremely arrogant.

My experience with BAT actions is not as deep as what Jamie has, the tactical is his pet receiver. It works fine, I would disagree with the statement that it is the finest thing on the market but it isnt BAD. I don't think anyone doubts their ability to make a receiver that shoots well however these days that's not really too special. There are more custom bolt action receivers that hit the market every year at SHOT. In 2008 it was a different story than today. There are a lot of good actions on the market. There are a few excellent actions on the market. I think that each one has something slightly different being brought to the table. I'm hard pressed to say, hands down, one is THE FINEST. There are things that I like and dislike about pretty much all of them. None of them is perfect but there are definintely some that do a better job than others. Consistent headspace, clean blends, clean surface finishes and holding consistent dimensions are important to me.

The headspaces on the BAT Tacticals that have come through my shop have varied over the gauge band entirely, a dozen receivers was 4 thousandths. They all had the same tenon geometry with no cutouts, the thread flanks were chattered and some of them exhibited slight taper in the thread PD. Not as bad as some others on the market but it was quantifiable and I altered the programming variables for each barrel in order to most closely fit the threads in that particular action. v

I have not seen a QPQ'd action gall. My issue comes from the fit and finish on the Tacticals. It does not impress me at all and chattered tenon threads are unacceptable.

Last edited:
I never said that the Bat Tactical Actions are the finest thing on the market, just to be clear. I do think they are great actions and there is a difference on how smooth they run and and how they can shoot exceptionally well when the build is finished right.

I am shocked at the photo's. To be clear, that is not one of our Tactical Actions. You did not speak with Bruce at Bullet Central. Bruce is the owner of Bat Machine in Idaho and a really nice guy. If you spoke to the owner of bullet central, that is not Bruce A Thom of B.A.T. Machine.

The marks on the bolt body is new polished steel being rubbed back and forth. I'm not concerned with.

As for the Bolt handle weld and the bolt face. I have never seen a Bat Tactical Action come through that way. Never! It even lends me to question if someone worked on that actions handle and bolt face or galled the bolt face with a steel go gauge / no go gauge that was dirty (chips and oil). Or a tight and forced closed gauge. Maybe a stuck bolt that caused a broken handle and re-welded! I don't know, but that is not like any I have ever seen in my 12 years of working with and knowing Bat and Bat Actions.

I have nothing to do with Bullet Central - but have a great relationship with Bat.

To be clear - you sell big horn actions and build on them. You don't sell Bat's. I'm not here bashing other actions or posting pictures of other actions to sell mine. That always leads to question your motives.

I am here simply to state the facts on galling with the Bat Tactical Actions and to that effect the new TR's.

Jamie Dodson
President
Wolf Precision, Inc.
www.wolfprecision.net

Finally, two objective reports on BAT. Instead of “world records”

Thank you both for the replies.

I never said that the Bat Tactical Actions are the finest thing on the market, just to be clear. I do think they are great actions and there is a difference on how smooth they run and and how they can shoot exceptionally well when the build is finished right.

I am shocked at the photo's. To be clear, that is not one of our Tactical Actions. You did not speak with Bruce at Bullet Central. Bruce is the owner of Bat Machine in Idaho and a really nice guy. If you spoke to the owner of bullet central, that is not Bruce A Thom of B.A.T. Machine.

The marks on the bolt body is new polished steel being rubbed back and forth. I'm not concerned with.

As for the Bolt handle weld and the bolt face. I have never seen a Bat Tactical Action come through that way. Never! It even lends me to question if someone worked on that actions handle and bolt face or galled the bolt face with a steel go gauge / no go gauge that was dirty (chips and oil). Or a tight and forced closed gauge. Maybe a stuck bolt that caused a broken handle and re-welded! I don't know, but that is not like any I have ever seen in my 12 years of working with and knowing Bat and Bat Actions.

I have nothing to do with Bullet Central - but have a great relationship with Bat.

To be clear - you sell big horn actions and build on them. You don't sell Bat's. I'm not here bashing other actions or posting pictures of other actions to sell mine. That always leads to question your motives.

I am here simply to state the facts on galling with the Bat Tactical Actions and to that effect the new TR's.

Jamie Dodson
President
Wolf Precision, Inc.
www.wolfprecision.net

I in now way think Josh bashed BAT, he just showed what he had experienced. He didn’t even mention he used Bighorn. You brought that up. Nobody makes perfect actions, they all have plus or minuses. Why do people take things so personal on the internet..... good grief. Lol

Jamie Dodson
President
Wolf Precision, Inc.
www.wolfprecision.net

The intention is not to bash anyone's work, but what else is a guy to do after reaching out to the manufacturer and getting no response and reaching out to the distributor and being told that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Good on Josh for calling attention to issues that need to be addressed. This is more about people than workmanship flaws. The flaws can be corrected, but the people in control need to be willing to accept that.

I agree,
And this is no way questioning whether or not Josh got that action. I have never met him, but have heard nothing but good things about his work. I know I don't treat my customers that way, and I would have been a little upset if an action came in here that way. I'll offer to help even though I did not sell him the action. If I can assist in anyway please call me. Or call Bruce or Daryle direct at Bat Machine. They are busy and have limited phone hours but it has been my experience so far that they really go out of their way to help when it is needed.

Thanks,

JamieD

That is a brand new, out of the box action.
It has never been barreled, never anything except for wiping it down and taking pictures.

THere are pictures of the fit and finish of Bighorn's receiver work all over the internet, many on this forum and many showing their tenon threads. I don't need to disparrage your stuff to sell Bighorns. What I do need is for BAT to answer phone calls.

I know what it's like to be busy and try to get work done while the phone is ringing. I have had this receiver in hand for almost 8 months and tried with a phone call a week for 6 weeks when I got it to get a response out of them.

It sounds like you've never seen an EX receiver then. The sequentially serialized sister of this action is at Warner Tool. It looks identical.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffLebowski
Actually we have met on numerous occasions. First one was Reade Sniper Challenge. Spring 2011

Anyway, I appreciate the offer to help with customer support, that is the first time anyone has offered to help with this thing. I will give you a call shortly.