• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bat machine vampire alluminum action thoughts?

808caliber

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Seems like a good choice for a long action light weight build. But heard some bad reports in the past on this forum about BATs galling.

Whats your thoughts on this new action? Esp considering its an alluminum action with steel inserts for threads and lugs.

Better alternative than a titanium action?? Lone peak fuzion TI is on my list but am wary of the titanium durability rn.

Pretty sure @MikeRTacOps puts his money where his mouth is on the Lone Peak Ti. If thats not enough then idk

As far as the vampire. I think it depends what your use is. Looking at that versus a LP Ti id take the LP. But again not gonna be putting 5k rounds through it a year like a comp gun espcially when talking about the weight per dollar savings

Reactions: 808caliber
Pretty sure @MikeRTacOps puts his money where his mouth is on the Lone Peak Ti. If thats not enough then idk

As far as the vampire. I think it depends what your use is. Looking at that versus a LP Ti id take the LP. But again not gonna be putting 5k rounds through it a year like a comp gun espcially when talking about the weight per dollar savings

Ya the lone peak has a great track record and def on the top of my list. But just seeing some of the other smiths chime in on titanium it made me a little wary.

Will be using on a 300prc and realistically about 200-300 rds a year.

Thanks for helping out brotha. Def leaning LP at this time.