• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BAT TR action ejection issues

mosh338

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2021
Western Cape
Hello. I’ve built a 6mm GT on a BAT TR action. I’m having feeding/ejection issues. Occasionally I find that a spent round does not eject which results in a stuck case as I feed the next round. Has anyone had similar issues?

Set up a phone or camera to video the bolt manipulation, play it in slow play playback to try find the culprit. Shaping the extractor edge can change ejection angle, clipping a few coils off ejector spring can slow the ejection to keep case head in the bolt face a bit longer to keep it from contacting the front of ejection port and flipping back into action. Lot of stuff going on here.
1. If you have proper extraction and ejection(case leaves action) upon working bolt forward, do you have feeding issues? If not, you only have ejection issues.
2. Extraction, does the case ever stay in chamber upon opening lifing of bolt lever, or does it ever leave the extractor/bolt face when slowly pulling case from chamber with rearward bolt movement?
3. Ejection, how fast are you running the bolt? If you're running fast, is the issue much less often?
This issue can be complexing to figure out. Slow mo video playback is a great tool to diagnose. It could be as simple as ejection angle is too high, and the case is hitting windage turret and getting kicked back into action, grinding an angle on the extractor or higher scope mount can/will fix this problem. The action is a bat tr, excellent choice, high quality component. Is the tr aw mag cut? Are you running aw or aics mags? What brand. Lots of knowledge on this board. A video would likely get you a lot of pointers where to go. I've had ejection issues with br case variants, shortening the ejector spring and a slight angle cut to the extractor on the lone peak fixed it.

Thanks for the responses. I cycled a few rounds and took note of the ejection. As luck would have it it cycles perfectly. Rounds eject perfectly and no feeding issues! I think the issue may be when cycling slowly a case could hit the windage knob causing the case to fall back in the chamber.

Will have to see how it runs at the next match!

Thanks for the responses. I cycled a few rounds and took note of the ejection. As luck would have it it cycles perfectly. Rounds eject perfectly and no feeding issues! I think the issue may be when cycling slowly a case could hit the windage knob causing the case to fall back in the chamber.

Will have to see how it runs at the next match!
Keep in mind, cycling loaded VS fired cases results in a different ejection angle due the the loaded case being heavier and ejecting at a lower angle normally. Unsure of if you were testing with loaded or fired rounds.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Keep in mind, cycling loaded VS fired cases results in a different ejection angle due the the loaded case being heavier and ejecting at a lower angle normally. Unsure of if you were testing with loaded or fired rounds.
I tested the loaded ammo as well as unloaded cases to check the extraction

Reactions: 4O6shootist