• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BATFE FML

mateofeo85

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
New Mexico
I'm just about to hit the 5 month mark on my 10.5" SBR on a Form 1. Yesterday i get a letter in the mail from DOJ - BATFE.

I squealed like a little girl and tore the envelope open awaiting a stamp. Reads:

Reason for return: Forms must be printed double-sided, will not accept both pages separately. Please correct and re-submit within 30 days.

Are you f'ing kidding me? This is my first NFA weapon purchase, and i was certain i nailed every single detail on the paperwork. I guess i was wrong.

Anybody else? Similar issues?

Re: BATFE FML

Haha that sucks, but is needed. Good thing is you will go back to the top of the pile & not start from the bottom again. Should be back approved in 2-3 weeks

No but can you tell the people of NY to let us have those nice $200 stamps here. The only thing we get here thats expensive is our taxes! anyways that sucks dude. I hope when you send it back it doesnt reset your time to wait again...good luck

i called and asked; Mary, who i spoke with, said it goes straight back to the examiner, still in pending status. anywhere between 1-2 more months.

but i'm not holding my breath.

if you get it sent back, it goes back on the top of the examiner's pile.

shouldn't be more than a few weeks after they get it back.

well aint that just peachy...now you've got me doubting whether or not I double-sided mine. I've got a Form 1 and 4 with them now.

You should have just told them it is for a Mexican cartel and they would have picked up the tab for it also. Sorry I know that didn't help.
frown.gif

I once forgot to include the Schedule of Assets list with a Form 1 submission. I got that same letter back with a different box checked. I submitted back in by mail and had my stamp in like 2 or 3 weeks. It goes quick- as stated above, you will go to the top of the pile.

I'm curious, did you do this on a trust or through your local LEO? My dealer out here is telling me to expect 4mos going the trust route.

i went indiv (LEO) route. from what i've read, trust is anywhere from 2-8 weeks faster than indiv route.

however, according to NFAtracker.com, i also was assigned to the absolute slowest examiner of them all, Christina Farris. fortunately, now that the examiners have been re-assigned, looks like my next stamp (5.56 can) might be a little faster with a different examiner.