• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BATFE making news again

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
1544570746937.png

https://www.guns.com/news/2018/12/1...-how-gun-accessories-are-submitted-for-review

ATF WARNS OF CHANGES IN HOW GUN ACCESSORIES ARE SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW
12/11/18 6:30 AM | by Chris Eger

Federal regulators on Monday announced a change to how they intend to process determinations on new firearm accessories.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives this week cautioned they will no longer issue a determination on the legality of a proposed accessory sent in the agency’s Firearms Technology Industry Services Branch unless the submission is attached to a firearm.
“Effective immediately, any requests for a determination on how an accessory affects the classification of a firearm under the GCA or NFA must include a firearm with the accessory already installed,” noted ATF. “Except in cases of conditional import determinations, FTISB will not issue a determination on an accessory unless it is attached to the submitted firearm.”
The firearms regulatory branch of the Department of Justice advised that those who had already submitted samples without a firearm could expect it to be returned without a determination.
According to ATF, FTSIB on average responds to about 750 industry requests each year “regarding importation evaluations and domestic manufacturing examinations, and provides licensed manufacturers and importers with marking variances.”

Sounds like a great way for them to keep every firearm submitted once they deny it.

Anything they can do to hurt the firearms industry, should be their motto.

They had knives commissioned a whe ago engraved with Always Think Forfeiture
Conflict of interest isn't a thing for .gov

I swear there was another thread on this. I will post what I posted in that one.
Until I see otherwise I see this as a good thing. If they won't evaluate it then it isn't against the law. Also, it would be near impossible to evaluate every possible combination, I mean just changing the muzzle device makes it a different configuration.
The way I read it is that accessories are just that, and we are in the business of dealing with "firearms" as they are defined in the law.

Unless someone shows me that all firearm accessories previously had to be evaluated then that is how I see it.

They do not want to play in the grey area. That is good for us.

“I don’t think it’s a way to cut off future rulings. I think maybe it’s so that they have the device installed on the firearm as the inventor designed it to be,” said Adam Kraut, a Pennsylvania attorney.

Reactions: Changed
“I don’t think it’s a way to cut off future rulings. I think maybe it’s so that they have the device installed on the firearm as the inventor designed it to be,” said Adam Kraut, a Pennsylvania attorney.
True if all accessories are required to be evaluated.

Why is anybody sending them anything? They don't make laws and aren't judges so why ask them to interpret a law, that's what court is for. We give them more power than they ever had by asking for their approval.

Because congress doesnt want to work for their pay nor do they want to be accountable for the laws they make.

Therefore they delegated the few responsibilities they have to the letter agencies than sit back and have their slush funds pay their abuse victims and work their insider trading.

This is punitive to small businesses just adding to their costs in order to discourage them from even bringing stuff to market.

MA requires manufacturers to submit 10 firearms for testing to get on the "approved list". Firearms are destroyed, no compensation to the company seeking approval. Thats a big nut for a small business.

Reactions: FatBoy