• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bath county VA?

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
A new door opened and I may be moving to Hot Springs VA for work. Anyone from there or been there?
I’ve been trough town a few times and know there isnt much going on but Im assuming Lexington is 40 miles and is neat?

I grew up just over the mountain from there in Campbell and Amherst Counties. I

Its beautiful, and if you like outdoor activities, a lot of hunting, fishing, hiking, boating. A second amendment sanctuary county. Virginia is very red except for the population areas. Not a lot of local entertainment, though Lime Kiln is close. Lexington is nice, but for good restaurants, and shows, go a bit further to Charlottesville. Very blue, but still navigable, just ignore the libturds. At least they're polite.

American history abounds if youre into that. Lexington has VMI, just a little ways is Natural Bridge. Over the mountain is The University of Virginia, my alma mater, founded and built by Jefferson and given to the state. Designated by the American Association of Architect's as the #1 example of original American architecture. Also the home to Jefferson, Madison, Monroe. Just south is the home of Patrick Henry and Appomattox, where Lee surrendered. Just east, past Richmond (The capital of the Confederacy) is Yorktown where Cornwallis surrendered to Washington. Or take I 81 up to DC for lots of stuff, Arlington National Cemetery is not to be missed, the National Cathedral, the museums, etc. Near DC is Mt. Vernon, Washington's home.

That should keep you busy for a day or two. More questions, jsut ask.

hot springs is a beautiful area if you like the outdoors, but it's out there. lexington is an hour and charlottesville (was there a few months back and cannot believe all the retail that has taken over) is two. four hours to dc, not that i'd ever want to go there again.

Reactions: Maggot
I go there a couple times a year. Beautiful area. Theres a local public range out there

Sounds like it. I do worry it might not be the greatest for a single man. Though towns not far at least.

Its a resort with one of the best golf courses around and skiing in the winter. I think you can still go there and eat without staying and they have a bar. Theres some stuff near WNL in lexington as well

Its a resort with one of the best golf courses around and skiing in the winter. I think you can still go there and eat without staying and they have a bar. Theres some stuff near WNL in lexington as well
Then if you want to find the really high class whores, head on up to White Sulphur Springs and book a room at the Greenbriar. Check it out, suites that go for $4000 and more...THey wont even publish the price of the Presidential Suite...Floor plan

presidential-floor-plan.jpg

Reactions: TurdFerguson
Then if you want to find the really high class whores, head on up to White Sulphur Springs and book a room at the Greenbriar. Check it out, suites that go for $4000 and more...THey wont even publish the price of the Presidential Suite...Floor plan

presidential-floor-plan.jpg
I currently live/work in Lewisburg, WSS is nice compared to Lewisburg. Less arts oriented…

If you’re in Lewisburg then you already have access to all the amenities mentioned above. Either way it’s a short haul to most of them. It’s gonna be a lot more secluded in Hot Springs than Lewisburg.
Covington is a shit hole.
Omni Homestead is nice and they re-opened the warm springs baths in case you pick up some trim at the Homestead bar🤣
The gun club is a great deal at $300/yr for sporting clays and skeet. Befriend some employees and get $50 golf and cheap rooms at any Omni globally.
Cochon D’Or is a great restaurant. There’s a few others as well. 🍻

Sounds like it. I do worry it might not be the greatest for a single man. Though towns not far at least.
Go to the horse complex in Lexington when there’s a big stock horse sale. You gotta pick through some shit to find the oats but you can come away with a pretty decent haul. Or take your A-game and loiter at an AQHA or paint show. Be forewarned though, these sit on a whole different axis on the hot/crazy matrix.

Or go June 2. Don’t use your real name. These ones are just plain crazy.
FDBBA04E-2B8C-44BB-A2DA-6AB6C2A39DA8.png

Reactions: ewoaf
Gotta make your own excitement in these parts. Hunting, fishing, ATV, UTV in warmer months. Skiing in the winter at Snowshoe; but we haven't had a good snow in years. This winter has been the mildest I remember, and the grass already needs mowed.

There is plenty of public land, the Monongahela National Forest is close. Lake Moomaw is popular.

The Homestead and Greenbrier are superb with big discounts in the winter months. White Sulphur Springs, where I've lived all my life, is where golf started in the US at the Oakhurst course. Sadly, is is now just a field mowed for hay.

Both WSS and Hot Springs are working hard to grow with hundreds of million dollar fourth homes built in the last 18 years.

LMK if ya need any help !

Gotta make your own excitement in these parts. Hunting, fishing, ATV, UTV in warmer months. Skiing in the winter at Snowshoe; but we haven't had a good snow in years. This winter has been the mildest I remember, and the grass already needs mowed.

There is plenty of public land, the Monongahela National Forest is close. Lake Moomaw is popular.

The Homestead and Greenbrier are superb with big discounts in the winter months. White Sulphur Springs, where I've lived all my life, is where golf started in the US at the Oakhurst course. Sadly, is is now just a field mowed for hay.

Both WSS and Hot Springs are working hard to grow with hundreds of million dollar fourth homes built in the last 18 years.

LMK if ya need any help !
IIIRC, The Greenbriar is where they used to take the Presidents in case of threat, or for decadent vacations.. Anybody who's anybody has been there. I guess that's why I havent?

The Greenbrier was home to "Greek Island", the congressional relocation bunker. It was hidden in plain sight but was not really a big secret. The big blast doors were unloaded from railcars and trucked thru WSS for all to see. My grandfathers business excavated the hole for the bunker, and the waste was used to make the Catholic Church parking lot across the street.

There's even more Cold War intrigue at the National Radio Observatory in Green Bank which was used to conceal the nearby Naval Listening post at Sugar Grove. The whole area is a Radio Quiet Zone which enabled listening to Soviet radio signals bounced off the moon. Sugar Grove was WVs only naval base.

The Greenbrier was home to "Greek Island", the congressional relocation bunker. It was hidden in plain sight but was not really a big secret. The big blast doors were unloaded from railcars and trucked thru WSS for all to see. My grandfathers business excavated the hole for the bunker, and the waste was used to make the Catholic Church parking lot across the street.

There's even more Cold War intrigue at the National Radio Observatory in Green Bank which was used to conceal the nearby Naval Listening post at Sugar Grove. The whole area is a Radio Quiet Zone which enabled listening to Soviet radio signals bounced off the moon. Sugar Grove was WVs only naval base.
That's cool info, thanks. It doesnt get any prettier than you're area.

*WestRock lol
I cut timber for them in the early 70's, around Brookneal Va., so we got a tour of the mill. For the times a pretty good company to work for, safety orientated, and paid reasonably well. I miss those simpler days.

Reactions: db2000
Smells like Money! (retired paper company employee)
That’s what a dentist’s wife said to me on a mission trip in Ecuador one time when I asked how they could stand the sound of the drill all day. She replied, that sound put three kids through college 🤣