• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Baton Rouge area

Cornholeo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Oklahoma city
I have a close friend in Baton Rouge that wants to get into his first AR15. I would appreciate any recommendations for a reputable shop that I could point him towards. He is also looking for an outdoor range to shoot at once he gets one.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I would advise him to post his question to bayoushooter.com, a Louisiana forum. But here are some: BJ Pawn, Advanced Weapon Systems and security concepts, and Interstate Guns off the top of my head. Just don't let him go to Jims Firearms.

There are a bunch of shops in the Baton Rouge area that can help him out. If he's looking to go the custom rout then he can call me or shoot me an email. I'll PM you with my contact info.

I have a close friend in Baton Rouge that wants to get into his first AR15. I would appreciate any recommendations for a reputable shop that I could point him towards. He is also looking for an outdoor range to shoot at once he gets one.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Send him our way. We would be glad to take care of him. Won't find a better selection of optics in the state. We've got a big selection of daniel defense, lwrc, couple of smiths, some colt, and some FN in 223/5.56. We can also get him into some carbine courses with some local training companies as well.

Thanks for the help guys, nice being a member of the hide and getting some quality info when you need it. I will give this info today.

Send him our way. We would be glad to take care of him. Won't find a better selection of optics in the state. We've got a big selection of daniel defense, lwrc, couple of smiths, some colt, and some FN in 223/5.56. We can also get him into some carbine courses with some local training companies as well.
[MENTION=36642]Chris@InterstateGuns[/MENTION], my buddies stopped by yesterday and give me a call after they left your store. Thanks for spending the time with them, you treated them exactly as I told them you would. I think you have two new customers coming back this week. Keep up the good work and thanks again, you guys are first class.

I was in Lafayette a few weeks ago and made the drive over to Interstate guns-----It was definitely worth the drive. Great shop with a excellent selection of quality guns. The people (TREY) were very friendly and knowledgeable. It was such a welcome change from your average gun shop.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words fellas. [MENTION=57892]Cornholeo[/MENTION], they are really pumped about the Daniel Defense M4V7LW. I think that will wind up going out the door with a Vortex 1-4. Hope to see more of you guys in the future.

Chris

x100 for Chris and company at Interstate Guns. They are a great group of guys with a great selection of products. I've purchased a few items from them and will definitely be back in the near future

[MENTION=80101]chris[/MENTION]@IntertstateGuns, my buddy was very pleased with the DD and Vortex you guys set him up with. Top notch service and very professional were words he used. Nice job guys, sounds like a quality setup you got him into for a damn good price.