• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes battery for lit reticles

mewillis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2002
Florida
is there any concern for the casual if seldom used lit reticle scope that leaves the battery in the compartment concerning risk of leaking? since I rarely use the option
was wondering if the risk exists or just leave it in and not worry. its a 2032 3v. any experts?

Re: battery for lit reticles

I've never had one leak, so for me its not something I worry about.

I know that NF encourages you to take out the battery, but my scope sat in a shop for 2 years with the battery sitting in it and it works great!

If you dont buy cheap batteries, leave it in extreme temps you should be good to go. My opinion.

Haven't taken the one out of my USO in 3 years and it's fine.

The only batteries I ahve ever heard that leak in scopes are the AA's in EoTech's. That said I have batteries leak in many electronics, Mallory's, Energizer's, etc. So I make it a practice to check every few months. I once has a Maglite flash light ruined because of leaky Mallory's