• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Battery pack for a thermal aka another stupid question.

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Next thermal adventure question for the NV crowd. Looking for an external pack for my helmet. Does the mAh rating matter as far as frying a thermal? Looking at various Anker options so I know that voltage is good to go a 5 volts but will a "bigger" pack do anything bad to a unit. Seeing 10k to 20k options and want to experiment from a counter weight standpoint but don't want to kill a unit either. It's a MH25 if it matters. To my simple mind it seems like more mAh's just means more run time between charges but want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thank you for the advice in advance!

Last edited:
    Nope, I run a 10k mah all the time when I ran a different brand. I also recommend using a magnetic connection, the micro USB ports are pretty flimsy and won't take a lot of use.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    Nope, I run a 10k mah all the time when I ran a different brand. I also recommend using a magnetic connection, the micro USB ports are pretty flimsy and won't take a lot of use.
    Thanks man! I know I'm being a bit paranoid with the new toy but better safe than sorry, right?
    P.S. What brand of powerbank were you using?

Last edited:
    Stick with anker power packs and youll be good to go. mAh doesnt matter. it is as you said simply longer run time. ive seen subpar power poacks cause issue many times.

Thanks man! I know I'm being a bit paranoid with the new toy but better safe than sorry, right?
    P.S. What brand of powerbank were you using?
    I run Anker, had zero issues and they a re pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

I found another good use is to recharge your phone in the deer stand! I regularly hunt all day long with lots of boredom so a smartphone gets used quite a bit and the extra Anker power pack will let you have phone use all day!

I run Anker, had zero issues and they a re pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

I found another good use is to recharge your phone in the deer stand! I regularly hunt all day long with lots of boredom so a smartphone gets used quite a bit and the extra Anker power pack will let you have phone use all day!
    (y) I ordered an Anker 10000mAh PID power bank. And it'll be ready when the MH25 gets back from RMA :( The power button/menu selector came loose so it's going back for a spa treatment! The guy I talked to at iRay was super helpful so props to them!

Last edited: