• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses BattleRodUSA 5 Day Precision Rifle Course Central Texas August 9th/13th

BattleRoad

Private
Minuteman
I know it is the last minute, but wanted to let folks know we are running a 5 day Precision Rifle Course in Central Texas August 9th -13th.

The course instructor will be BattleRoad staff member SSgt. John Hawes,

A graduate of 5 sniper schools, Squad Designated Marksman and Close Quarter Marksman courses, along with various other shooting schools. Currently a Small Arms Instructor. Served in Iraq and Afghanistan. In Afghanistan specialized in reconnaissance and lead a 6 man team on missions and was awarded the Silver Star.

John has also been top shooter at a variety of sniper competitions. John is a professional instructor, and a salt of the earth great guy. This is a really good course for entering the precision rifle/sniper craft. It will be five solid days of instruction, John does not waste time, his or yours. And the instruction you will be getting is from a shooter who has worked in the trade he is teaching for many years. Having used these skills professionally adds a great deal of insight to his instruction.

There are no prerequisites for the course

Instruction will cover-

Setting up your rifle and optics
Ballistics and Range Estimation ,
Physical shooting positions
Target identification
Zeroing and cold bore data
Using your mil dot scope to determine distance and corrections
Constant Determination of wind and learning to make corrections
Unknown distance shooting
Close in shooting training

The course cost is $500 for the 5 days.

We will be shooting out to 800 yards for this course
You will need a good center fire, bolt action/gas rifle with a quality bipod.
Round count for the course will be approximately 500 rounds.
You will also need some shooting socks, notebook, pencil, calculator, wind gauging devices if you have them, water to drink each day, sack lunch and pocket snacks

You are welcome to camp on site at no charge. There is an outhouse and wood stove shower. There are towns within 25 miles for hotels or other city stuff.

For 5 days, and $500, this course is hard to beat. We fill the days with classes and practical applications of instruction, including plenty of shooting. We normally run this course twice a year, however this will be the last course with SSgt. John Hawes teaching for about a year, until he rotates back home from his all expense paid vacation sometime in 2015.

There will be a separate 2 Day Stalking and Camouflage course the following Saturday and Sunday, August 16th/17th 2014, which follows the 5 Day Precision Rifle course.

The stalking course is designed to teach you how to move through and across terrain, drawing the least attention to yourself while under observation, and then remain in your shooting position undetected until the opportunity to take the shot presents itself.

I will post a separate thread on it.

You can find additional information about this course and others we run at BATTLEROAD USA - HOME I will be glad to answer any questions anyone has, you are welcome to contact me through the website at Contact - BATTLEROAD USA

Staff Sergeant John Hawes narrates the battle of Operation Gowardesh Thrust in the Gremen Valley in Afghanistan where he was with the 3rd Squadron, 71st Cavalry, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division: army.mil/medalofhonor/monti/battlescape.html

I put the above link in not to try and impress anyone, but because I would like folks to hear about, and remember, SFC Monti, SSgt Craig, Sgt. Lybert and Pfc. Bradbury, God bless and keep them.