• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bauer Precision (Denton TX) crappy service

elwarpo

Still Learning...
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
North of Houston, TX
Ordered a Dominus from them in November. The Dominus was part of the recall and I have been trying to contact them for the last 3 weeks to ask about it. Emails, phone messages left and nothing (when you can leave a voice message which is rare, most of the time they just hang up). They did call to tell me my stamp was in and I asked about the recall and they said they would call me back... over a week and nothing...

For 3 weeks I have tried to get in touch with them and am completely ignored. No return message or call back. I have a suppressor with the stamp in and they are sitting on it. If you want something try elsewhere or be prepared to be ignored.

Spoke with TBAC on Friday and they have a RMA, but have not shipped it in over 2 weeks.

Even posted up on the TBAC recall thread first asking TBAC to see if they could help and no response.

I know I will get the people who will say "but they are busy..." well if you can not support the orders you have, maybe stop taking them.

I do not like trashing a company but at some point you do not have a choice.

Last edited:
How is it not an option to drive there? You have to pick it up eventually, correct? Drive there, pick it up, send it to TBAC yourself, wait a week or so and you have it back. Easy peasy.

Bring a rifle with you and go shoot at fossil pointe in Decatur after your visit. They are about 30 min northwest of there

Finally got them on the phone after several attempts and was promised they would ship it to TBAC in the next few days... will call TBAC on thursday and see.

Reactions: Holliday
elwarpo...

Bauer Precision Director of Operations here.

Your silencer was approved and I know we made some calls last week to customers to pick up approvals. Not sure when yours was approved and called but it was probably in that time period. You were told you could come get it at your convenience. I want to make clear we are not "sitting on it" or holding it hostage. If you'd like to come get it and send it to TBAC yourself you are more than welcome to do so. We are trying to send everyone's cans to them that were affected as a courtesy but it isn't a requirement and we don't have the bandwidth to completely halt our processes and divert all of our resources to send all of them to warranty. As you've been told, we have received the RMA's and will send them this week, but your calling every day sometimes multiple times a day, doesn't make the task any easier.

We understand you want to get your can fixed and to have it in your hands, but we are only prepared to take on so many phone calls. We have a retail store, we ship hundreds of silencers a week, as well as countless firearms and parts. We do not have time to field every single phone call that comes through when we are at peak retail times and when the order volume is like it is currently. It just doesn't happen when you are calling every day asking about the same issue with impatience.

As to the "If you can not support the orders you have, maybe stop taking them"... This is not a new order. This is not a transfer. It's not a sale. We can and do handle those every day. It is something irregular and out of the ordinary so it is going to take some time and some patience to get it done as your silencer is not the only one going back. We have to take manpower off of employee's every day tasks (which are difficult to keep up with given the climate) and assign them to this one when we get the opportunity which is a hefty task in itself outside of day to day operation.

You are more than welcome to come to the shop and speak to us in person. As I said in the beginning, we will give you the silencer and you can send it if you feel you are being wronged. We have everything scheduled for it to ship this week but if that isn't to your satisfaction, you can send it in personally.

If you cannot get through, feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] as you will always get a response there. Same logic applies that if an update is requested every single day, it is going to delay things.

Hopefully this clears some things up and if anyone ever has any issues from here with our company, reach out to that email and we will get you square. We don't claim to do everything perfectly, but when we are made aware we do our best to remedy it.
Ordered a Dominus from them in November. The Dominus was part of the recall and I have been trying to contact them for the last 3 weeks to ask about it. Emails, phone messages left and nothing (when you can leave a voice message which is rare, most of the time they just hang up). They did call to tell me my stamp was in and I asked about the recall and they said they would call me back... over a week and nothing...

For 3 weeks I have tried to get in touch with them and am completely ignored. No return message or call back. I have a suppressor with the stamp in and they are sitting on it. If you want something try elsewhere or be prepared to be ignored.

Spoke with TBAC on Friday and they have a RMA, but have not shipped it in over 2 weeks.

Even posted up on the TBAC recall thread first asking TBAC to see if they could help and no response.

I know I will get the people who will say "but they are busy..." well if you can not support the orders you have, maybe stop taking them.

I do not like trashing a company but at some point you do not have a choice.

Thank you Blake, I appreciate your reply. I am curious why 3 weeks of phone messages and emails (through your site contact us) were never returned (I did not call every day or multiple times a day, I called 4 times left only 2 messages and emailed 3 times in 3 weeks). I have not been able to find an email address on your site. All it would have taken was either a text, phone message or quick note saying "we are working on it" and all this would have been avoided. All I really wanted to know is do I pick it up and ship it to TBAC or will you?

Last edited:
Thank you Blake, I appreciate your reply. I am curious why 3 weeks of phone messages and emails (through your site contact us) were never returned (I did not call every day or multiple times a day, I called 4 times left only 2 messages and emailed 3 times in 3 weeks). I have not been able to find an email address on your site. All it would have taken was either a text, phone message or quick note saying "we are working on it" and all this would have been avoided. All I really wanted to know is do I pick it up and ship it to TBAC or will you?
Again...we will ship it this week.
you will have to decide if that is satisfactory enough for you. From the beginning that choice has been yours. We will accommodate you either way.