• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
I like bayonets, not because I’m gonna poke someone, I just like collecting bayonets.

I have one for my US vintage surplus rifles, included period bayonets for my M1917, 1903a1, M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, M14 (M1A) , AR SP1 (M16a1) and my A2 Style Service rifle.

The later, the M-9 current bayonet I swiped from my son. I thought a bit heavy for infantry use but I’ve found I use that one.

Just a couple hours ago I looked out to see my wife’s horse’s hind leg tangled up in the barb wire fence. I grabbed the M-9 on the display case and out the door. The wire cutting part makes short work when cutting through barb wire. The blade is also heavy enough to stick in the wire, and twist it until you get it tighten’ up.

Again I think its too heavy for infantry use, but its sure handy around here.

M9.JPG

bayonet%20we%20still%20use%20them.jpg

Re: Bayonets

I got my M1 Carbine bayonet from the CMP, $15 bucks.

Here is a few of mine.

Display.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my M1 Carbine bayonet from the CMP, $15 bucks.

Here is a few of mine.

Display.JPG
</div></div>

Wow, just found those. That's awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are the different bayonets out there what will actually work in the AR15s now?</div></div>

The M-7 which is the Vietnam Era Bayonet for the M16a1 and the M-9 which is the current bayonet for the M16s.

M-7

cave%20gun.JPG

M-9

M9.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are the different bayonets out there what will actually work in the AR15s now?</div></div>

The M-7 which is the Vietnam Era Bayonet for the M16a1 and the M-9 which is the current bayonet for the M16s.

M-7

cave%20gun.JPG

M-9

M9.JPG
</div></div> USMC Bayonet too

Fallujah2.jpg

ON6504.jpg

i remember using the M7 when i was in the USMC. Guess they made the change over to the new one.

Where can you buy the these "offical" bayonets online?

The CMP has some, but you have to hunt for the others. Problem is there are a lot of clones out there. You have to be careful.

They're made by Ontario knife co. Midway USA had (has?) them for sale.

i seem to recall a post a while back where people were saying that the military bayonets wouldnt work on certain civilian AR15s even if they had the lug...something about the length not being right. There was even some company selling a little adapter that attached to the bayonet to give it the extra length.

Did i imagine that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i seem to recall a post a while back where people were saying that the military bayonets wouldnt work on certain civilian AR15s</div></div>

I don't believe that's right, My M-7 bayonet fits my Cold AR SP1,

My M-9 bayonet fits my White Oak Upper service rifle.

The M-6 (M14) bayonet fits my SA M1A.

My other bayonets (for my M1 Carbine, Garand, M1903a3. and M1917) all have their orginal bayonets but those are military rifles, not civilian clones.

Scavenged some parts of of normal bayonets and made entirely new blades out of 01 Tool steel. One fairly civilized, and the other with a "shrapnel" theme. Etched and blued, fun project.

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i seem to recall a post a while back where people were saying that the military bayonets wouldnt work on certain civilian AR15s</div></div>

I don't believe that's right, My M-7 bayonet fits my Cold AR SP1,

My M-9 bayonet fits my White Oak Upper service rifle.

The M-6 (M14) bayonet fits my SA M1A.

My other bayonets (for my M1 Carbine, Garand, M1903a3. and M1917) all have their orginal bayonets but those are military rifles, not civilian clones. </div></div>

Keep in mind that those are 20" barreled uppers so the distance from the FSB to the flash hider is the same as on the M16/A1/A2 etc... On carbines however, especially 16" barreled uppers, the distance from the FSB to the flash hider is too long for the bayonet. I don't believe there's an issue with 16" midlength uppers though, mostly just carbine 16" uppers.