• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bayou Rilfes Houston TX

mtm87tx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
Texas
Looking at getting back into the long range game

Who here is a member of Bayou Rifles in Houston? Seeing if some guys might from Houston and surrounding areas might want to start a 1 weekend a month meet to shoot 1k and share stories and experiences. Looking to further my knowledge, and meet some local enthusiasts.

Re: Bayou Rilfes Houston TX

Bayou has 1000 yard HP shoots the first Sunday of the month.

Just what im looking for, is there a good turn out? Im looking for some guys with USO, S&Bs and stuff I can get some time behind them and make a decision for a new build

I used to be a member at Bayou, until I moved to Las Vegas. They have a good turn out at their 1,000 yard F-Class / HP / Palma matches. They also run a 600 yard match that alternates with a 300 yard match every month.

JeffVN

When I go, I shoot service rifle so I haven't been to a 1000 yard match yet. The guys at the 600 yard matches are friendly and helpful (although I have never asked any of them to handle their gear). It doesn't cost anything to show up and feel out the situation.

I dont care to shoot there gear just wanted to get a look through the glass at ranges past 200-300 and see how they compare.

I shoot F-Open at all the 1k matches at Bayou. We have pretty good attendance, normally 15-25 f-class and 6-12 Sling shooters.

We're happy to let you look through our scopes, and many will let you put some rounds down after they finish a string.

1k matches are the 1st Sun of every month, and the 300/600 alternate. There is a 300 yard match this coming Sunday, if you're interested.

ETA, there are many NF scopes, some S&B 12-50s, a couple Premiere 5-25s, so a fair amount of choices to look through.

Mark Walker