• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BBQ comes from North Carolina and Brisket comes from Texas

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
1703197951968.png

Brisket is amazingly awesome, too.

But it's not BBQ.

Ok... I need to reinforce my bunker...

Sirhr

My brisket can tempt the faith of a vegan.

I once pissed of a vegan with that statement.
Agreed... Brisket is totally awesome. But Brisket is Brisket and BBQ is BBQ.

Just 'sayin.

Of course, I originally hail from a place that boils ribeyes. But I lived in both NC and Texas... And about a dozen other places. So... there ya go!

Sirhr

PS. Lived in OH and they think that Chili on Spaghetti is food. Good lord!

meh, i failed to see how the ability to cook something is tied to a geographical location, assuming all the same ingredients are used.
i think there is a place in az that trucks in nyc tap water to make "authentic" new york style pizza. :p

anyway...now i am hungry. lets fuck with the german.

BrisketTacos_03..jpg

^^^ Right?

Growing up, black pepper was considered adding 'heat' to things.

I'm not making that up.

I discovered "Heat" at about 17 (when I got out of this god-forsaken culinary hell hole) and from then on lived by the mantra "If you're not sweating, you're not eating!"

Sirhr

PS. We had Old El Paso Taco's as kids. And the adults thought those were too hot. We thought it was authentic Messican! Not making that up either! New England is a Culinary Hell Hole!

meh, i failed to see how the ability to cook something is tied to a geographical location, assuming all the same ingredients are used.
i think there is a place in az that trucks in nyc tap water to make "authentic" new york style pizza. :p

BrisketTacos_03..jpg
I've made brisket taco's and they are out-of-this-world good.

Best Taco's I make are with duck. I roast duck at Christmas and Thanksgiving. And the leftovers go into taco's. Holy crap they are the best taco's ever.

So... yeah! Right there with you LBC!!!

Sirhr

BrisketTacos_03..jpg
Isn't that a burrito? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: theLBC
Oh and this thread is 100 percent intended to be...

1703200735674.png

So have fun ameegos...

I like good food. Even if spoiled by dark ketchup. It's not 'really' spoiled. It's just some kind of midwest abomination like chili on spaghetti. But still better than Vermont food.

Sirhr

If it needs sauce to be something, it ain’t nothing. Fight me.

And the OP lives in New England, thus, has no opinion on the subject worth listening to.
No need to add to that.

And the OP lives in New England, thus, has no opinion on the subject worth listening to.

You would be right... but I spent 17 years trying to get out of here... and 25 years working my way back.

So if you really want an opinion, British Food all sucks and chorki from the horn of Africa is great if you have enough of an immune system to handle it. Oh and Nigerian spices are wicked good.

Sirhr

Yes a good slab of Ohio Beef. Salt n pepper flop it around on the grill. Better than any BBQ.

Reactions: M4orturnate
Y’all come to my house, and we will fire up the smoker, and my son will do you some meat that will run with the best of them. Pork, ribs (pork or beef) brisket, turkey, it don’t matter. I promise you will love it. He makes the best turkey I’ve ever had, and that’s no joke. Does all his stuff on a 1969 Workhorse smoker. Look them up, good smokers. My wife has a calligraphy order in from @pmclaine , and if she don’t get it in gear, I’m going to owe him a brisket or something.

Do they even have cattle (or know how to spell it) up there in yankeeville ?

I'm not talking shitty black angus, which any real cattleman knows is just basic send to the auction cattle.....I mean the real deal huge ass red angus.
I can walk out the front door, take about 30 steps, and shoot better beef than they have anywhere in yankeetown.

BTW, brisket is just about the shittiest cut you can take from a steer.
I'd rather have a 16 hour smoked pork butt anyday.

Reactions: myronman3

View attachment 8302680

So have fun ameegos...

I like good food. Even if spoiled by dark ketchup. It's not 'really' spoiled. It's just some kind of midwest abomination like chili on spaghetti. But still better than Vermont food.

Sirhr
I only know of one chain here in OH that puts chilli on noodles and since it doesnt have beans it isnt real chilli so dont put that evil on us

• Haha
Reactions: timesublime

View attachment 8302680

So have fun ameegos...

Sirhr
Skyline
Manwich on noodles with oyster crackers, cheese, onions and beans.
IMG_2507.jpeg

I only know of one chain here in OH that puts chilli on noodles and since it doesnt have beans it isnt real chilli so dont put that evil on us
Beans on Chili is an entirely different thread and if I remember right, we decided that Beans on Chili only are served with soft taco's? Am I missing something?

SIrhr

Reactions: johnnycat
Y’all come to my house, and we will fire up the smoker, and my son will do you some meat that will run with the best of them. Pork, ribs (pork or beef) brisket, turkey, it don’t matter. I promise you will love it. He makes the best turkey I’ve ever had, and that’s no joke. Does all his stuff on a 1969 Workhorse smoker. Look them up, good smokers. My wife has a calligraphy order in from @pmclaine , and if she don’t get it in gear, I’m going to owe him a brisket or something.
I am patient and hope you and Mrs don’t miss any opportunities because of me.

But I’ll take a brisket anyway…..

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Agreed... Brisket is totally awesome. But Brisket is Brisket and BBQ is BBQ.

Just 'sayin.

Of course, I originally hail from a place that boils ribeyes. But I lived in both NC and Texas... And about a dozen other places. So... there ya go!

Sirhr

PS. Lived in OH and they think that Chili on Spaghetti is food. Good lord!
I've been tempted to throw a ribeye in a crawfish boil but I've yet to do it. Boneless skinless thighs are the bomb though.

That is so on-point that you should be their advertising rep!!!!

Sirhr
I forgot that they add brown sugar and cinnamon to the manwich

Coming home from hunting last week my hunting partner got pulled over for not maintaining the lane. We pulled into the skyline parking lot and he told the cop that he was looking for a Chinese restaurant. The cop said, "a restaurant? Have you tried skyline?" When he walked back to the cruiser I asked my buddy if he would eat it to get out of a ticket? Fuck No!! Was out of his mouth before I finished asking