• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BC 1000 annealing machine

esromvre

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
Black Hills SD
Looking for the instructions on this and the page that tells you what cal. each plate is for.

How ever if anyone has a #25 Plate I am looking to buy one. I want this one because it is for the 338 Lapua.

If at all possible that someone could copy and paste the directions I would be great full..

I am using map gas seems to be working great but I'm worried about the brass getting to hot. I am using a thermal thermometer to measure the neck temps and never go over 230*F

Could use some help on this one...

Re: BC 1000 annealing machine

There's sure not much product info on Ken's website, is there? But Ken's email is listed. I bet me can answer your questions and maybe has a set of instructions. And read Ken's paper at the 'How to Anneal' link (below). It says anything less than 750-800 degrees F for a few seconds won't anneal the necks. That fits in with almost everything else I've found.

LINK

Starting not to trust my temp toy. at what temp does the brass start to show a orange glow?my heat time is under 6 seconds.

Nope he sure doesn't have a lot of instructions on the sight.

I like the link read it 3 times now but even that does not help on what plates do what calibers

When I got mine, I emailed Ken and he responded pretty fast the with number of the plate that I needed. Ken said MAP was too hot, and to stick with regular Propane. I bought propane after talking to Ken, but you can always reduce teh gas flow and flame size to accommodate hotter gas. Let me check my garage, as I think I have a plate for 338LM.

Just checked #25; is for 338. Sorry I still need and use mine.

JeffVN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I got mine, I emailed Ken and he responded pretty fast the with number of the plate that I needed. Ken said MAP was too hot, and to stick with regular Propane. I bought propane after talking to Ken, but you can always reduce teh gas flow and flame size to accommodate hotter gas. Let me check my garage, as I think I have a plate for 338LM.

Just checked #25; is for 338. Sorry I still need and use mine.

I just ordered one from Ken. He also said map is to hot. Put me on the correct torches and is sending me a set of directions. I was suprised that its 15.00 for the directions from him.

JeffVN </div></div>