• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BC based on Velocity

smead45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2010
Illinois
I have tried to use JBM to calculate different BC based on velocity at two known distances to no avail. I have two averaged velocities at two different distances which I got with my LabRadar. My question (forgive my ignorance) is; How do I use this information, and which calculator do I use to get actual B.C. from my rifle using different loads i.e. higher velocity is different BC. I'm sure that this is a noob question and I am hoping one of you ballistic gurus can help this plebeian out. Please keep the laughing to a dull roar.

Not here,

The consensus is to true the BC for your rifle at distance. We true the BC,

The Litz BCs are no different from the manufacturer just trued for him and his system. Like any BC they are an average and a starting point. Where you end is up to you. Neither are wrong, but are they right.

If you can get the velocity of the same bullet at two known distances you can use that to determine your bullets BC number.
Most use acoustic targets on an Oehler but two LabRadar should work as well.
Go to the JBM ballistics webpage and then to the calculators page then to something that sounds like BC Number by Velocity.

Last edited: