• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BC flip up ????

Re: BC flip up ????

If you look at the now famous chart that everybody uses here, under your model it says a #18 eye. However, a number of other S&B scopes like the 10x42 PM, Zenith 2.5-10x & 3-12x50 use a #17 (42.5mm or 1.675"). The older 3-12x50 PM uses a #11 (1.550").

Measure your eye piece. If your only off a little, like you have a #18 instead of a #17, then Duc or electrical tape is your friend.

If your way off, like needing a #11, then send it back to where you got it from.

Bob

I tried them(I bought two) on my 4-16x50pm11,1.1-4x20 short dot & also my NF 3.5-15x56 and they don't fit.? The recomended obj size from the chart worked perfect, so I'm wondering if BC marked(packed) them correctly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prbulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried them(I bought two) on my 4-16x50pm11,1.1-4x20 short dot & also my NF 3.5-15x56 and they don't fit.? The recomended obj size from the chart worked perfect, so I'm wondering if BC marked(packed) them correctly? </div></div>

prbulldog,

I do not mean to be harsh or seem I do not want to help, But...
Let me get this straight; you have $7500 worth of scopes, and $17. worth of scopes covers? Per chance do you have a $25 set of calipers? If so measure the eye pieces....are they all 43mm?????

If you actually measure your $7500. worth of eye pieces with your $25 calipers, you will then find one of three things:

1) The EA Brown BC chart your using is wrong for your scopes, which happens, in which case order the right eye piece covers based on your actual measurements from the chart that Butler Creek provides.

Here's the link: BC Cover chart

Or use .15 cents worth of DUC tape to make the SOB's fit. Cost, at worst, another $17. or maybe .15 cents for DUC tape

2) The guy at Butler Creek maybe had some bad hot dogs the day he was packing and marking your scope covers, so measure the inside OD of your covers with your $25. calipers to see if they are indeed #18's. If they are not really #18's, but are miss marked, call BC and ask them to make it right. Cost nothing but your time, and a phone call.

3) Using your calipers, and actually measuring the outside diameter of the eye pieces and the inside diameter of the scope covers is not a difficult exercise.

Having $7500 worth of scopes, and unable to figure out which $17. scope covers fit, has to be priceless.

Have a sparkling day,

Bob

Bob,
I guess I have more money then common sense. I tried to go by the chart in the optics FAQs but that did not work out. So maybe I could have your advise on which caliper to purchase and how to measure the scope correctly. Thanks in advance for your help.

PRbulldog,

Here you go at your local Home Depot. They have several locations on the island.

Calipers

That's all you need for $23.71 a handy measuring tool for gunny stuff like the Outside Diameter or Inside Diameter things like barrels, scopes, scope covers, cartridges, magazine length, et al and the like.

Buy it and your good to go. It reads in inches, and the BC chart above also reads in inches.

When you want to convert from inches to metrics go here:

Online conversion

Not hard at all...

Best of luck,

Bob