• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BC for .22LR

idaho1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
North Idaho
I have been having a hard time finding the best BC for standard 22 LR to use in my ballistic calculator. I use cci mostly. Any help would be appreciated.

there was a very good thread here on BCs, with the site switch i fear it make be gone. a few attempts on the advanced search, i can't seem to pull it up. i hate referring to other forums, but RFC has it there too somewhere.

Rimfire Ballistic Coefficients: .17HMR, .22 S,L,LR & .22 WMR - RimfireCentral.com Forums

here's another link .22 ballistic coefficient - The Firearms Forum - Gun Community

if you feel motivated to do some searching to retrieve a bunch of threads, the one that's here on the hide that has a butt load of rimfire ammo stuff (tests, BCs, dopes, etc. etc.):

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-rimfire-section/24126-22-ammo-test-threads.html

Anyone have the bc for the 42 gr Winchester subsonic ammo you can get here in Australia ?

I typically hear the people use .125 and tweak the MV a bit.

And it seems to work for most bullets.