• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing BC Mule Deer hunt video.

adam135

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2010
B.C. Canada
Early September at 7200'. We had our boots off to cool the feet while the sun was rising in our eyes. My bro's took a moment to close their eyes and rest while I glassed. Sure enough, here comes a big boy with his little buddy running across the cliff beneath us. I got ready to thump him right below me as he ran by, as my brothers were trying to figure out where he was. I set up waiting for him to pass through a crack in the rocks when he appeared way to my left. As I shifted my bro hit record. I'll let the video take it from here:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/67AiHqErEXQ&feature=g-all-u"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/67AiHqErEXQ&feature=g-all-u" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

One thing that was remarkable was that the edges of his feet were all worn of. He'd been living up there in the rocks for a long time.
Shooting a R700 in 300wsm/208Amax. It was 140 yard shot.

Re: BC Mule Deer hunt video.

nice video...Thx for sharing. Looks like you guys had some fun packing that mule out :))

Nice job Adam! I think I recognize that shirt!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Early September at 7200'. We had our boots off to cool the feet while the sun was rising in our eyes. My bro's took a moment to close their eyes and rest while I glassed. Sure enough, here comes a big boy with his little buddy running across the cliff beneath us. I got ready to thump him right below me as he ran by, as my brothers were trying to figure out where he was. I set up waiting for him to pass through a crack in the rocks when he appeared way to my left. As I shifted my bro hit record. I'll let the video take it from here:

One thing that was remarkable was that the edges of his feet were all worn of. He'd been living up there in the rocks for a long time.
Shooting a R700 in 300wsm/208Amax. It was 140 yard shot. </div></div>
Very nice! Excellent video and what a great hunt.

Great buck! Thanks for sharing the pics and video.

Outstanding! Very nice buck.. How far back in were you guys? Did you hike in on a trail? Have you guys ever scouted that area before?

Kc

Thanks a lot guys. I still can't believe my brother got this all on his phone.

Just checked the map and it looks to be about 5km by trail/game trails up the mountain from where we left the quads. 2000ft climb on foot. The quads were parked 21km from the highway. Took us about 4 hours to get him in the packs and back to the quads. I couldn't have done it without my brothers. We have hunted the area for a couple of generations. This guy was a solid buck, and my biggest, but our group has pulled 5 or 6 bigger ones out of there. They are getting very hard to find though. Too many hunters these days.

Pins', I hadn't even put that shirt on since Utah. Figured I'd try it that day. Must be lucky!

It's a good piece of kit for sure. I didn't wear mine this season, maybe that's why I got skunked. I'm going back to archery.

Really nice buck, and I'm very jealous of the setting in which you shot him. Beautiful morning!

Congrats on your hunt! Looks like a fantastic place, jealous down here;). Thanks for sharing.