• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BC Needed

Pirate-69

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2009
Greenville, NC
Has anyone seen a BC for the HORNADY 6.5MM .264 DIA. 140 GR SUPER SHOCK TIPPED bullet? I am having trouble finding it. Thanks in advance.

Re: BC Needed

.520 according to Hornady's site. Look at the link Hornady 6.5mm bullets , find the bullet and then click on View Ballistics near the bullet.

Also, take Hornady's listing multiply it by around .95 They're a bit high from what I've seen. Brian Litz's measurements seem to confirm this from what I remember, he found the 208 Amax around .633 instead of the advertised .648

I don't remember what the 178's were supposed to be, but if the 6.5's are anything like the 30's you're going to end up shooting low

Haven't found that to be true at all. I run the 178 AMAX at their advertised .495 BC and it is right on. Have shot them to 1300 yards. Same for the 140 AMAX in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Right on to 1000 yards.

When I get my 300WM back I will be shooting the 208s to distance and plan on using the Hornady numbers.

I'd be interested to see what you get, my calculated number was .628 from the drop I saw at 600y.

I don't remember what the 178's gave me, but it was just a little bit low, I think I got .49 instead of .50

The listed BC on the 178 is .495 and it's right on. I think you are confusing it with the 175 SMK which lists .505 at over 2800fps but the working .308 number is .496 as most .308s don't send it out over 2800fps.

Lots of other reasons for calcualted drop to be off than the BC of the bullet. Scope, environmentals etc. From using Hornady bullets for years now in comps I will trust their numbers without doubt.

I'll let you know what I find out with the 208s. Should have the 300WM back in a couple of months.