• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BC of Hornady 178 BTHP

Re: BC of Hornady 178 BTHP

hey you may not need to know this but I'll say anyway.the new Power Pro 2000 LR powder from Alliant shows a load giveing the same fps as the loaded ammo with this bullet.the odd thing is that it is all so the same charge weight as the loaded ammo.but one said it wasn't the same powder being used.

but 47.7gn of Power Pro 2000 LR is giveing the same fps but is a compressed load.you may have already choose a powder but thought you might want to know this.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.. Im working on load with 8208 and varget. May look into the Power Pro..

I assume you're talking about the A-max, right? I just picked a few boxes and am going to work up a load for my AR10. I read great things about them and am optimistic. My barrel is 1:10 and 20" long. I'm starting at 42gr of Varget & working up from there using LC brass. I should have some results over the next week or two.

No Sir, not the A Max..The 178 BTHP... Midway had them in their blemished bullet sale and I picked up a couple hundred.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I assume you're talking about the A-max, right? I just picked a few boxes and am going to work up a load for my AR10. I read great things about them and am optimistic. My barrel is 1:10 and 20" long. I'm starting at 42gr of Varget & working up from there using LC brass. I should have some results over the next week or two. </div></div>

Hornady's New BTHP not the a-max

Lol... I guess not everyone has heard of them. As soon as I saw them I made it a point to try them out...

I saw those but didn't realize they were Hornady. The amax has a CD of 0.495 but I guess that's neither here nor there.

What caused you to lose confidence in the A-max specifically? Were they not consistent or performed poorly or? I suppose we can start a new thread on it too.

Edit: I started a new thread specifically for A-max discussion here.