• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report BC on 308 Corbon 175gr Ammo/Ballistic FTE

amcwhorter

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2003
Right now I'm guessing the bullet used is a SMK BTHP and the BC is .496. Does anyone know for sure? **Found the answer!***

Using the B-FTE also has drag options G1 through G8. According to what I've read and assuming the bullet is a BTHP, I should be utilizing G5. Wrong or right? If wrong, please explain or point me in the direction.

Thanks
Mac

Re: BC on 308 Corbon 175gr Ammo/Ballistic FTE

Okay while searching further my assumption on the bullet being a SMK BTHP is correct.

Still looking for any answers to the rest on drag options.

Thanks
Mac

I use the G7 with this program, for 175 SMK BTHP the G7 AVG is .242 for my set up, the G7 BC is much better for LR shots over 500M.

I just setup my B-FTE with 3 different custom load saves. Everything i'm reading is coming down to going out and trying it. So I loaded G1,G5,G7. Every one of them is giving me different results.

This is coming out of a 22" barrel pushing 2630fps avg from 10 shots.

Thanks Skinney for the info