• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BCM barrels?

Re: BCM barrels?

Honestly, I've never heard anything bad about any of their products. From what I've read, they are one of the top AR companies out there. Everyone likes their products, CS, and the quality of their builds.

I won't hesitate to buy anything from them.

I just bought one of the BCM 16" mid gas barrels for a build but havnt shot it yet.

Im curious to see how it shoots.

This barrel?
BCM 16" SS410™ Barrel with Mid Length Gas (stripped) 1/8 Twist

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Re...s410%2016-8.htm

I just built a rifle with this barrel.
So far it's shooting well but it heats up too fast IMO.

When I get a chance to test it's practical accuracy (with a 4x32 ACOG), I will post the results here.
I will be looking for an honest 1 MOA out to 600 yards.
So far I think it will do it.

It had a burr in the gas port that had to be shot out, but so far it has cleaned easy.

Bcm is my favorite upper. Great quality and accuracy. I have about 7000 rounds through mine. Their gas system is pretty tight and if you want to run the cheap Russian ammo you will need to drill it out a few thou. Paul is a great guy to deal with!

Bravo is GTG. Great company and great service.

I have no business relation with them whatsoever... BCM has exceptionally good customer service, and great product for what I consider bargain prices. A recent thead at www.m4carbine.net described reliability/accuracy performance in multi-thousand round weekend class, without cleaning. From their website:

"BCM barrel steel is Mil-Spec per MIL-B-11595E, and is independently certified. This grade (CMV) of steel is a Mil-Spec steel used in the USGI M16 family of rifles; it is stronger and will last longer than the typical barrels offered in the commercial market. This Mil-Spec grade steel gets its’ additional strength and rigidity from an increase in carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy. This will offer increased barrel life and performance through use in all types of extreme environments and temperatures."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking of going with the WOA with the extra bolt but might give BCM a try. Thanks everyone </div></div>

Between those two.. I'd get the WOA.
Sorry if that seems conflicting, just didn't know what your goal was...

BCM makes great stuff, WOA makes more accurate barrels...darn near as good as Kreiger.

Now if I had the money... http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=100

Picking the barrel is harder than I thought, I have looked at going the route of Larue or Noveske but I like the cost of WOA and I was going to go 16" due to this being a three gun, home defense but still trying to decide which one. I also am already going to run with the Seekins Upper and Lower so just looking for a barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Superior Barrels with hard blue .......... last one I shot, shot absolute lights out.
</div></div>
Better than a woa?

I was trying to decide between the BCM barrel I referenced, and a 16" WOA Heavy SS barrel.
The BCM barrel is made by Criterion, which is essentially a button rifled Kreiger.

I still think they are too close to matter.
So far I wish I had bought the WOA because I'd like the extra barrel mass to soak up heat.

The BCM barrel develops heat mirage pretty fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This barrel?
BCM 16" SS410™ Barrel with Mid Length Gas (stripped) 1/8 Twist

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Re...s410%2016-8.htm

I just built a rifle with this barrel.
So far it's shooting well but it heats up too fast IMO.

When I get a chance to test it's practical accuracy (with a 4x32 ACOG), I will post the results here.
I will be looking for an honest 1 MOA out to 600 yards.
So far I think it will do it.

It had a burr in the gas port that had to be shot out, but so far it has cleaned easy. </div></div>

No, the one I got is the black one (not chromed) and it 1-7 twist (not 1-8), 16" mid-gas also.

I also felt that burr in under the gas port when I swabbed the barrel after I got it in the mail. I wondered what that was and then I realized it was under the gas port. That doesnt harm the barrel at all shooting that burr out? I never bought a barrel w/ a burr in it but all the .223 barrels I bought for my AR's were WOA. I wanted to change it up with a BCM barrel, cant wait to shoot it.

Most barrels come with a burr after the gas port is drilled.
Even a Kreiger I recently ordered from Compass lake had one.

The burr goes away after the first round and is a non-issue.

Personally I clean any new barrel upon receipt, and then after the first round is fired to make sure the burr, and any other debris, is gone.
I also clean again after about five more rounds are fired during the zeroing phase.

Does anyone know who BCM uses for their barrel blanks? I cant remember if they posted it on their site or not.

Got a chance to shoot my BFH 16" mid length the other day. Seemed to shoot ok, I was shooting at 50yd (new build, zeroing). It seemed to do ok, I was using XM193 ammo which hasn't grouped well for me in other rifles. That said, it probably put everything in a 2" group (I suck with irons, sorry) and was 10/10 on the 400yd steel piggy. I also shot a 20" Colt Hbar that I have the same day and it performed pretty much the same with a 4x scope. I'm inclined to believe it's the ammmo.

I am having an upper put together with their 18" stainless barrel and a 12" tube. I will post pics when done. I was very impressed with their 11.5" BFH barrel.