• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM factory shipping lube. Remove or use?

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    My Brown Dude delivered a 16” BCM factory upper last night. It’s liberally coated in some lubricant inside and out. I assume it’s probably a corrosion protectant, but was wondering if I can just clean any excess with a bore snake and safely put some rounds through it, or if it should be thoroughly cleaned and re-lubed?

I clean the bore and chamber of shipping products.
    It doesn't take that long.

And ya never know... there might be something I don't want in the bore... IE Stuff happens.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: TheHorta
    Wait horta does manual labor? Don't you have servants too clean your guns for you?

Actually, yes I do. 😁

One of my employees is a budding gun enthusiast (early 20’s). He does all my cleaning and machining.

As a reward, he gets access to all my cool toys and free ammo.

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver
    My Brown Dude delivered a 16” BCM factory upper last night. It’s liberally coated in some lubricant inside and out. I assume it’s probably a corrosion protectant, but was wondering if I can just clean any excess with a bore snake and safely put some rounds through it, or if it should be thoroughly cleaned and re-lubed?
    I wipe them down while inspecting and apply my oil. I don’t do a detailed cleaning until I’ve shot several rounds.

Reactions: TheHorta