• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM Midlength

M24_SWS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2010
Somersworth, NH
Well although i am overseas doing my military job, i pieced together a AR15 build.

BCM 14.5 inch Midlength gas upper with a pinned and welded PWS FSC 556 brake and front sight post along with Magpaul rear flip up sight.
BCM M16 Bolt carrier along with Noveske M16 charging handle and carbine buffer spring and tube (Mil Spec) with Magpul (Mil Spec) CTR stock.
Magpul midlength black OEM handguard with a picatinny rail on the side for mounting a flashlight along with Magpul RVG and some PMAGS.
Surefire G2X 200 lumen single output LED light with VTAC mount.
Aero Precision lower with DPMS lower parts kit (Semi Auto)
Magpul MS3 sling along with the Magpul Ambi Sling Attch Point.

I will try to get some pictures of the equipment. All together the parts where not that costly and i saved 100 dollars by not going with the cold hammer forged barrel becuase after reading about BCM standard barrel's, i was not at a loss by not going with the hammer forged since the button pulled standard are pretty much as good all around. The CHF would be better for heavy fire/automatic fire from what i have read.

I did not want a big rail forend end as i wanted to keep the rifle kinda light. Since the magpul has a extra picatinney rail i ordered for a light and the grip is mounted by a rail as well, then that is all the real estate i need for rail space.

Heath

Re: BCM Midlength

Although I don't have as many rounds down range as I do with my Knight's I can't say enough good things about BCM. I own two eag tactical and they are awesome

I just ordered some Winchester M855/SS109 ammo for the rifle. Looking forward to using this rifle and it's ammo when i get home
smile.gif

Looks like a solid build - my first AR was very similar, same upper and Aeroprecision lower. Can't go wrong with BCM and the Magpul handguard. I thought the Aero lower was very nicely done as well.

Stay safe over there and thank you for your service.

For a optic down the road i was thinking of the EOTECH EXPS3-0. Any thought on that optic?

Heath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a optic down the road i was thinking of the EOTECH EXPS3-0. Any thought on that optic?

Heath </div></div>

I prefer an Aimpoint T1. 6 in one hand half dozen in the other. I have found in my very unscientific data collection that the Aimpoints I have used have held up better than the Eotechs.

Great build, can't go wrong with BCM. For an optic I'd recommend an Aimpoint PRO from azarmament.com. He offer's a military discount and I think the final price is around $350-375. I like aimpoints because of their durability and battery life.

I agree - Aimpoint for durability and battery life. I like H1/T1 for weight savings or CompM4 for the AA battery.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a optic down the road i was thinking of the EOTECH EXPS3-0. Any thought on that optic?

Heath </div></div>

I prefer an Aimpoint T1. 6 in one hand half dozen in the other. I have found in my very unscientific data collection that the Aimpoints I have used have held up better than the Eotechs. </div></div>

I did some research as well and i think the Aimpoint will be the optic i get. On the aimpoint, how high do i need the mount?

Heath

I love my BCM mid with 16" heavy profile, I put a surefire brake on it, it just chugs and chugs. I don't care how many rounds it has through it, I basically quit counting at 2 or 3k.

IMG_30721.jpg

I want another rifle, the SAM-R, and it will be a BCM. Just waiting for stock to come up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a optic down the road i was thinking of the EOTECH EXPS3-0. Any thought on that optic?

Heath </div></div>

I prefer an Aimpoint T1. 6 in one hand half dozen in the other. I have found in my very unscientific data collection that the Aimpoints I have used have held up better than the Eotechs. </div></div>

I did some research as well and i think the Aimpoint will be the optic i get. On the aimpoint, how high do i need the mount?

Heath </div></div>

I like an absolute co-witness, but then again I run Micro sights. Most prefer the lower 1/3 co witness but for how I shoot I find the lower 1/3 mounts to high for comfortable cheek weld. I run a Larue LT660HK mount on my T1