• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM MK12 Mod0 Review

The King

Back to the Range
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    Allright - so its time to review yet another 18" AR15 after the buttfucking debacle of the Springfield Saint ATC Elite.

Up for your consideration is the BCM MK12 Mod0-a5. This gun is a cloners...something? Wet dream but you were banging your sister? And you found you blew a bigger wad than ever before. And then you realized you never had a sister? What the fuck is wrong with you!

Quick splash from the vendor showing their wares:

iu

If you are some sort of cloner, you are already infuriated. The...pistol grip...gah...stock....giant BCM on the bolt carrier. It distracts you so bad you can't even think of Waifu shit anymore and your anime body pillow is getting a thrashing tonight.

But here is the thing - the MK12 Mod0 is...practically worthless as a gun without the cloney aspects being somewhat close. High rail you can't really mount shit on without gymnastics, you are supposed to this and that and whatever. And if you don't? Just get a Radian Model 1 for the same money.

The model I received is subtly different. It has the much more practical ARMS 40L sight...and an Ambi safety. This gets us to the first WTFLOL moment...a USGI trigger. If this were a $1900 clone of a MK12 I'd be put out a little. Its not. Its a $3000 clone of a MK12. It came with a USGI trigger.

A sterilized BCG and some other grip/stock/USGI trigger guard also wouldn't have sucked much. Just that much closer.

I made a few changes.

68c700756cac10766a5cdea990393511519642a46e48572dd19951b407d8ab38.jpg

SOPMOD stock...Larue trigger...an Ergo grip I fished out of a nasty old gooch, Leupold 2.5-8. LaRue mount that had been seen on a ModH in country once. The GG&G bipod which was also seen floating around.

That said, all this crap was in my storage unit for the most part. I shoot guns...really. I'm not sitting there obsessing over part numbers on a scope while I file off the lever stops on a set of Fuck Dick Swan rings. I'm not trying to reach through the screen into some GWOT picture and suck a dudes dick while stealing shit off his rifle.

b971a057031ae2805ac8a0afbc4f0dddb138f4545741e1ba0e1101ea192b2eaf.jpg

20 minutes with Aervoe Field drab and its time to see how it shoots. First, shoot a reference group with the LMT 6.5 Creedmoor to make sure I still know how to fucking shoot a gas gun.
    1652492989668.png

Jury says yes.

First up, 62 grain green tip. M855 for you weebs.
    c6078617def417c4b9cb46c85bbbcbc8093729a6ac987ce247adef6afbc3009a.jpg

3.6 Roentgen. Not great, but not horrifying.

Lets jam some match ammo in her chamber. 68 Grain.

515c4b6ed3e8b936e8e12cc79ce1c4757f2d3623706f030d90358714cef9235d.jpg

It accidentally shot an OK group. I'm sure it was mad at itself.

On to some 75 grain Frontier

0c2665f43e30f5a05f9c85dad6c4bfcde1752bf4133e835facb044764641d27d.jpg

Well, its not 15,000 Roentgen. I guess if I had to shoot this shit I could. Barely.

On to MK262. I changed the hold in the 1.3" group to see if the gun tolerated shooting a little loose - it didn't. Definitely wanted a hard hold.

Dumped off a 5 shot group cause it seems like this gun likes it.

35a4b4be92fab59ee11acd6b7390b81c32fb114dd303e6f6139d5630d44f972c.jpg

If all the major parts are there, (handguard, muzzle device, scope and suppressor, if legal in your state) I''m cool with the not to perfect clones. Only the internet cloners obsess over the correct hole size in the PRI handguard, no lever stops rings (even though I found a set for a smoking deal on the Hide). Had to get rid of my old set of ARMS rings since they would never hold 0 from one range session to another.

I’m sitting here on my mom’s (AKA Roommate’s) couch, covered in Cheeto dust, and I am enraged that the grip screw is not clone correct.
    I had reached through a GWOT picture and clamped my lips around the dude to distract him....and was going for it....and it was a flathead. All I had was the goddamn hex wrench, ok. Sue me.

I had to bail out when the Toweliban started shooting at us...

Last edited:
    That glorious ooze stems from the sisters fupa! Those that have never fucked ones sister…. Will never know!!!
    One's sister was okay. A tad bit sloppy, and seemed pretty high miles. He was super pissed off that literally everyone in the world had banged his little sis.

He was almost as mad as that Will dude, who was going on an epic rant of some sort that I only heard part of because people kept fucking shooting at him.

Reactions: long range dogr
    At least you got injected with some grade A warrior seed. WORTH IT.

At least you got injected with some grade A warrior seed. WORTH IT.
    Between the missing screwdriver and the PKM rounds incoming we never finished. It was terrible. I couldn't even get an AR15.com login after that.

So...back to the original thing here....

I cannot recommend the BCM. It misses the mark pretty solidly and its barrel is no Craddock or CLE. If you are spending some serious coin on a gun, get something closer to clone accurate or bail out and get a modern rifle with a proof CF barrel in it.

I'll keep this bad boy and beat the fuck out of it....but its definitely going to be a gaming gun.

By far the most entertaining review I’ve ever read!
    Honestly, thanks for posting it! 1800 clams for a non shooter is ridiculous!

By far the most entertaining review I’ve ever read!
    Honestly, thanks for posting it! 1800 clams for a non shooter is ridiculous!
    It's 3000 typically. lol. even worse.

So - quick build out to compare pricing:

Milspec Upper/Lower/BCG = $300
    A5 Buffer Stuff = $150
    Stock = $150
    Grip = $20
    LPK = $80
    PRI Rail = $300
    PRI top rail = $150
    Rear Sight = $100
    CH = $80
    Front Sight = $150
    Suppressor stuff = $150
    Barrel = $300.

Retail of all the parts on this bad boy = $1930. And it don't shoot great for sure.
    Wholesale? $1300 probably.
    So $1500 markup. Not a great look frankly.

It does sometimes shoot the 77gr OK. But sometimes it flyers the fuck out of it too. I'm looking forward to my OCM5 getting here to ring it out some - I suspect this thing is getting a Craddock.

It sucks to see poor performance from them. I run a lot of their parts in my regular AR builds. I do not have any of their stainless barrels. My regular chrome lined barrels from them hold tighter groups than that.

My Centurion "SPR" seems to like a lot of fouling in the barrel for it to shoot better groups. It has the "correct" Douglas barrel. The gas port erosion is terrible and started at around 400 rounds. On the bore scope it looks like someone went after it with a punch, chisel and a dremel. It's a little gassy now so I added an adjustable gas block.

My 75-77 grain handloads were tight clover clusters sub half MOA, then after a clean it would open up to about 1-1.5+". I used to clean the barrel every 100-150 rounds. It made me think my loads went to shit and I had a bad lot of powder. Did all sorts of testing again only to find the barrel likes to be dirty. Now it only gets the Bore Snake between a regular cleaning at around 300 rounds. It needs about 30-50 rounds for the fouling it likes and it will drop back down to .3-.6 with the occasional .75-1" if I'm being lazy with the grip. Good enough for what it is.

Attachments

• 18 group2.JPG
      18 group2.JPG
      107.4 KB · Views: 84
    I’m making sure this thing isn’t still shooting in. It only has 200 rounds down its cooter and needs a bit more mileage. I cleaned it a bit this week.

My black hills 262 shows up this week and I’ll shoot some more.

Today’s shooting. 77Gr. Two separate 3 shotters.

3DFE50D4-2DAF-4326-8F98-C71A28D5E86D.jpeg

D334AD82-9A47-45A4-A374-66F2677B5544.jpeg

I pulled no shots. All was good. Without that flyer it’s pretty good.

I suspect I’m getting BCG velocity damage perhaps. Will retry with the OCM5 and a BRT gas tube.

Also, I was fucking tired of the soy-boy nature of the printable targets and edited them to have big easy to aim at shit instead of the wishy mcwashy stuff that was there earlier.

Last edited:
    Reactions: aku
    Ejection port noise is a combination of things, one of which is unlocking time. The second is gas volume through the tube.

Your goal to cut port noise is to reduce gas flow to a min(BRT Tube on a mk12) and increase the time the action is locked through weight changes in the buffer and/or modified cam path BCGs

Yeah - its sucking that dick right now. I put on a different optic - it was not any better, if anything a little worse.

When I cleaned it I was rocking the borescope to make sure I got all the crap out. That mofo was clean. Fired 20 M855's to foul it in and then went with it.

Nothing. 2-3" gun.

• Sad
    Reactions: camocorvette
    Unfortunate accuracy from this BCM, I own a couple 16 inch uppers and happy with them.

Anyone know anything about this option from DS Arms? Their FALs are well liked and building a FAL is harder than an AR.

3 shot groups and it still does bad. Sad. BCM barrels are so disappointing.

I don’t know who made the barrel. I have heard criterion perhaps.

I’m going to send it back to BCM to look at next week.

If that doesn’t work out, Craddock gets the monies.

I don’t know who made the barrel. I have heard criterion perhaps.

I’m going to send it back to BCM to look at next week.

If that doesn’t work out, Craddock gets the monies.

I'd go CLE, I know they just got in a load of Bartlein barrels.

CLE is about a 3-4 month wait maximally, and WOA had 18" SPR barrels in stock just recently. The WOA barrels shoot every bit as well as the proper Mk12 Douglas barrels I've used.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
    Todays update - I'm sending the gun back to BCM today after I get all my good stuff off and replace it with the rymz that came on it.