• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM MK2 Availability

bzm

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2021
Spokane Washington
I’ve been monitoring the BCM site for over 6+ months with random checks daily for MK2 BFH 5.56 of any length. I also have product availability alerts enabled, but have not received anything.

My question is whether BCM is in a manufacturing hiatus on these systems or should I be looking at other retailers, rather than the BCM site? I do see they have other non-MK2 standard uppers available, but wanted to see if anyone had insight on where I should be looking or BCM’s production. Or could it still be the pent up demand over the last year?

Thanks for any feedback,
BZM

I've seen a few MK2 uppers on their site over the last 3 months or so. Unsure if they were the BFH and don't remember length.

I’ve been monitoring the BCM site for over 6+ months with random checks daily for MK2 BFH 5.56 of any length. I also have product availability alerts enabled, but have not received anything.

My question is whether BCM is in a manufacturing hiatus on these systems or should I be looking at other retailers, rather than the BCM site? I do see they have other non-MK2 standard uppers available, but wanted to see if anyone had insight on where I should be looking or BCM’s production. Or could it still be the pent up demand over the last year?

Thanks for any feedback,
BZM

They are probably slower with all the Covid nonsense. You could buy the parts and assemble one for yourself, it's not rocket science.

Probably Still catching up. I emailed them asking for a stripped one last year and they said all the Mk2 uppers were going towards production of assembled uppers.

This year is still crazy. I have friends that can buy ammo regularly, but I still have to line up outside of academy sports 2 hours prior to opening to get anything.

Scott

I don't like waiting, but I am forgetful, so I might be okay.
I was where you were at a year ago. I think where we are now, and where we will be you will be lucky to see it available in 2023.

Last year there was nothing in availability for the BCM mk2. The VLTOR MUR did popup at Brownells. But for the price I said eff it and rolled with blem (and where are these blems I am looking for?) mk1 BCM uppers.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
BCM has had the blem MK1 uppers available for a while now, they did bump the price up a bit though.

BCM is probably still trying to catch up on orders. I know in the past they have prioritized built uppers or complete rifles, and fulfilling commercial and private contract orders. It’s also important to note that in my conversations with Paul Buffoni he has detailed their QC/QA process and they don’t ship anything that doesn’t meet their standards or minimum specs. During the last gun panic, he had several racks of rifles sitting idle because he was waiting for top grade crush washers for the muzzle compensators. As much as they’re doing in-house, they’re still slave to the supply chain on various levels, much like everyone else because there’s always going to be components that they can’t/won’t make themselves.
I realize that things are starting slow down and stabilize in the gun world, but if previous times like 2012 and 2009 are any indication, it’s gonna be into 2022 before we see things legitimately return back to normal for both supply and price.

Reactions: bfoosh006