• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM MK2 Upper & Aero Enhanced Gen 2 Handguard Compatibility Question

redhead522

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
Hello everyone,

I recently picked up a BCM MK2 FDE 14.5" upper.
I have bigger hands and the BCM handguard is a little thin for me. I was planning on putting an Aero Enhanced Gen 2 Handguard on it, but have read about compatibility issues with the MK2 upper and aftermarket handguards.
Does anyone know if these two are compatible before I order the handguard?

Thank you in advance,
David

Any handguard will work that does not protrude rearward of the barrel nut/receiver interface. If it protrudes rear of that surface, like the Geissele handguards do with their set screw rotation adjusters, it will likely have issues.

Reactions: redhead522
Any handguard will work that does not protrude rearward of the barrel nut/receiver interface. If it protrudes rear of that surface, like the Geissele handguards do with their set screw rotation adjusters, it will likely have issues.
Thank you, that makes sense.

I don't know if they fit on a BCM MK2, but the Enhanced handguards do extend rearwards from the barrel nut as described in post #2.

Reactions: redhead522