• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM upper

eastridge1213

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2011
BCM 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group with Daniel Defense Lite 12

Is this upper group capable of 1 moa with the proper lower setup and good shooter?

Im looking for an AR that has some reach to it, but has the ability to be used in a HD role if needed. Planning to use a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 in a QD ADM mount.

Re: BCM upper

Yes and it's capable of better. This was my BCM MK12 Mod 1.

395367_2401976850573_1285620147_31958867_5054781_n.jpg

Very nice, i didnt know if the m4 profile barrel would perform even with bein free floated

Well my MK12 doesn't have the standard M4 profile, but BCM makes a good barrel you should be good to go.

Well your mk12 has a SS barrel and std. BCM uppers are chrome lined. There will be a significant accuracy difference. If you want guaranteed 1MOA or better get a SS barrel. Chrome lined barrels are durable but not as accurate as SS.

If you want the most accurate chrome lined barrels look for one of the FN sourced barrels sold by Noveske or Centurion.

As for what the proposed OP's upper will do? with match grade ammo (77gr) it might do an inch or it might not. If I had to guess, I would say with good ammo it is a 1.5 MOA barrel.

Had forgotten about the chrome lining. I have a 14.5 mid that i could put my MK4 on and see what i can do with the same ammo above if you want.

thanks for all the feed back. 1.5 moa wouldnt be out of the question. im jus looking to get out to 400 pretty accurate. not really looking to get out past 500 with much effectivness. not that its not capable, im jus looking to be practical about my abilites and uses.

the reason im looking at this setup is its $776 for the upper w/o bcg and it would be a practical choice in a HD role if needed. was really needing to get decent medium range accuracy outta it too for more of a spr role when the need may arise
grin.gif

I have a BCM 14.5 midlength and although I can't post a pic right now, I can consistently get 1moa with an aimpoint.