• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BDC Retcle for .22 LR

fockell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
SC, Kansas
Guys, I am looking for a scope for my .22 LR. I am not really intersted in BDC turrets, just want a reticle that has holds out to 200 yards or so. I am currently running a 3-9 accupoint, but has no holds, just a triangle chevron.
Thanks, Brandon

Re: BDC Retcle for .22 LR

I use mil-dots to hold over on all my 22s, air or powder. the hawke ballistic software will get you close on your hold overs. you can zero in the yardages at the range.

Bear in mind as well that not all .22lr ammunition shoots and impacts the same, mil-dots give you the flexibility in that the holdovers arent arbitrarily set by the scope mfg. and that you can map out your poi for various loads on paper for reference later.
The Weaver 3-10x40 mil/mil and the bushnell 10x40 mil/mil are nice scopes to consider for the $.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.rapidreticle.com/Main/ScopeItem.aspx?ID=5&grpID=5

Have one on a 10/22 - works pretty good with bulk pack 40g 1250 fps ammo. Keep in mind this isn't a bolt action shooting subs accuracy but for plinking it works and have smoked a sage rat or two at 150. Its also FFP so the hold work on any power, bonus ... </div></div>

Looks pretty good. How would you rate the clarity? Could you compare it to a leupold vxII ?
THANKS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fockell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.rapidreticle.com/Main/ScopeItem.aspx?ID=5&grpID=5

Have one on a 10/22 - works pretty good with bulk pack 40g 1250 fps ammo. Keep in mind this isn't a bolt action shooting subs accuracy but for plinking it works and have smoked a sage rat or two at 150. Its also FFP so the hold work on any power, bonus ... </div></div>

Looks pretty good. How would you rate the clarity? Could you compare it to a leupold vxII ?
THANKS </div></div>

not a leupold guy so can't really say. Clarity is decent, on 9x can get a bead on a sage rat at 150 yards easy enough. The glass MUCH better than the bushnell sportview that it replaced.

Abso-frickin-lutely! Rapid REticle is the only way to go...IMO. Check out my writeup and 2nd-shot 250-yd. coke can connection from custom Ruger Charger handgun right here--
http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubb...idd_barrel_PFI_

The optical quality is second to none i've used so far. When i was shooting PD's at long range couple weeks ago i would just watch the mirage through the scope and when it was horizontal (~10 mph full value), i was able to make connections 40-50% of the time out to ~250 yds.

Another nice thing about the optic is the low-profile target turret for addtl. comeups beyond the 200-yd. stadia.

3-9x22LongRifleRapidReticle.jpg

It would certainly work OK u'd just have to recal. the reticle and put a dope sticker in a Butler Creek scope cap cover. I had this optic on an AR-15 for awhile and just recald the reticle to the trajectory of my load.

Fixed 6x with 40mm objective or go with the 3-9x32mm ?
I am leaning towards the fixed 6 just because I make up that it would be more robust.
Thanks

Went with the fixed 6. Very pleased with how well it works a 200 yards.
Thanks, Brandon