• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BDC Turrets / Scope?

Gnab2

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Texas
I just got a 300 WSM for my dad. He is not a mil-dot reader and he doesn't want to learn. I found a scope that has a turret for 300 Win. Mag. 180 grain bullet. I don't have either gun. Everything that I see the 300WSM and the 300WinMag preform with in a couple of inches out to 500yrds. Is this scope in line for what the usage and will it work for him to just Range it and dial the yardage in? Thanks for the help.

Re: BDC Turrets / Scope?

Depending on what scope you are looking at, and if you have the ability to get your chosen load chronographed: then my recommendation is to have Kenton Industries cut you a Speed Dial.

Linkee:

Kenton Industries

That will keep it simple for your Dad.

Re: BDC Turrets / Scope?

You don't need a special scope or knob. The dope for that load out to 500 yards won't even vary with atmospheric changes. Just write it small on a piece of card stock, and tape it in the rear scope cap.