• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

BDL drop in bottom metal

Northland

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Louisiana
I know Williams makes a drop in bottom metal that fits the BDL inlet.

Does anyone else know of a company that makes a BDL drop in bottom metal. NOT a mag kit?

If this has been talked about before I'm sorry, I couldn't find a thread on it and I even googled it.

Re: BDL drop in bottom metal

Williams and PTG are the only companies I know that make a true "drop-in" replacement bottom metal setup for the 700BDL.

BUT...since you 1) don't want a mag conversion; and 2) don't want to do any inletting or modifying of your stock for a heavy-duty bottom metal setup...Why do you want a different floorplate/bottom metal assembly over the std factory setup?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Williams and PTG are the only companies I know that make a true "drop-in" replacement bottom metal setup for the 700BDL.

BUT...since you 1) don't want a mag conversion; and 2) don't want to do any inletting or modifying of your stock for a heavy-duty bottom metal setup...Why do you want a different floorplate/bottom metal assembly over the std factory setup? </div></div>

1.) I have the M5 on my personal rifle.

2.) I can't inlet a department issued rifle stock.

Hope that answers it.

I assume this is a short action? If not, a long action kit is made/sold by Cabela's under the Kwik Klip name. It comes with a 4 round mag, 10 rounders cost 35 bucks or so.

Wyatt's makes a drop mag bottom metal for short actions that fits the BDL inlet without mods if you want to go that route. Costs about $280 with 1 mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Williams and PTG are the only companies I know that make a true "drop-in" replacement bottom metal setup for the 700BDL.

BUT...since you 1) don't want a mag conversion; and 2) don't want to do any inletting or modifying of your stock for a heavy-duty bottom metal setup...Why do you want a different floorplate/bottom metal assembly over the std factory setup? </div></div>

The factory aluminum is a POS. The Willams and the PTG are forged or water jet cut steel a major improvement over pot metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Williams and PTG are the only companies I know that make a true "drop-in" replacement bottom metal setup for the 700BDL.

The factory aluminum is a POS. The Willams and the PTG are forged or water jet cut steel a major improvement over pot metal. </div></div>

No disagreement there whatsoever...factory bottom metal is definitely pretty flimsy compared to any of the suggested upgrades. I was just trying to figure out why inletting for a HD setup like the Badger M4 or DD Ross was such a big deal. Once it was posted that this bottom metal would be used on an issued duty rifle...made perfect sense why inletting was not an option.