• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BDM required for Coup De Grace Action

cbailey

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2019
bedford county, va
Please forgive my ignorance but I am going to order this action and get two boltheads. My experience is rimfire builds, a vudoo and several 10x barrel fits for non repeaters. I will probably order a MCS stock to match my vudoo. My understanding of BDM is limited so is there a specific type brand I would need to build this rifle. Really looking forward to putting something together for longer range than I shoot with 22lr (have a 400 yd range), hope to find something up to 1000. Thanks, Craig

You need to find a DBM that matches the trigger guard inlet that also has the correct magazine latch height (whether it's adjustable, swappable, or requires filing/fitting/modification) for the magazine you intend to use (whether AICS or AW).

So for example -
If you're using (AI)AW magazine with short action CDG - short action MCS stock with short action M5 trigger guard inlet and Hawkins Precision short action M5 DBM with AW latch (long) or any other brand short action M5 DBM that has the appropriate magazine latch for AW magazines.

If you're using AICS magazines with short action CDG - short action MCS stock with short action M5 trigger guard inlet and Hawkins Precision short action M5 DBM with standard latch, or any other brand short action M5 DBM that has the appropriate magazine latch for AICS magazines.

Last edited:
The above is basically correct.

The easy button is to order your Manner's stock with an M5 DBM inlet for the Hawkins DBM bottom metal you want.

Order DBM bottom metal from Hawkins with the latch for AW if that's the magazine you want to run.

There are DBM brands other than Hawkins, but IMHO none is better.

Good luck.

The above is basically correct.

The easy button is to order your Manner's stock with an M5 DBM inlet for the Hawkins DBM bottom metal you want.

Order DBM bottom metal from Hawkins with the latch for AW if that's the magazine you want to run.

There are DBM brands other than Hawkins, but IMHO none is better.

Good luck.
For aics mags, I think the OTM m5 dbm is nicer, unfortunately they advertise it to be non compatible with AW mags, which I can confirm, as I ran this dbm on my foundation setups. It just needs a longer latch, which they do not offer.

Thank you for your responses, I also found American Rifles statement concerning BDM after reading it over and over. But your responses are appreciated. I am hoping to use 308 bolt face and order a 223 bolt face also.

For aics mags, I think the OTM m5 dbm is nicer, unfortunately they advertise it to be non compatible with AW mags, which I can confirm, as I ran this dbm on my foundation setups. It just needs a longer latch, which they do not offer.
This is a definite caveat, but I also had drop-free sensitivity issues that would have needed tuning in my Foundation whereas with Hawkins M5 no issues.

ARC has said the Hawkins M5 DBM needs fitting/modification or something for the CDG, IIRC.

Reactions: 4O6shootist